Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Civil 3D. Help with points from survey

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
RJK42
273 Views, 6 Replies

New to Civil 3D. Help with points from survey

Hello!!

I'm new to the AutoCAD Civil 3D and I just did a survey that consists of about 60 points.  The points are in Excel and I'm able to import them in but I'm having a hard time getting the contours inplace.  I went through the tutorials givien in startup but I'm still doing something wrong.  

All I need is to import the points, create a TIN??, create contours, show points and elevations.

Is there something simple that's out there to follow??

I attached my points. There are 2.  There was 2 surveys taken from the same location because there seemed to be points missing.  So, I would like to try to creat 2 different drawings to compare.

Thanks again!!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: RJK42

You need to create a surface and add the point group to the surface to read the points.  I will do this for you and post the drawing for you to see.

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 7
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: RJK42

What coordinate system are these points in?  Looks like Lat and Long.

Todd Rogers
Message 4 of 7

I don't think it could be Lat/Lon. Positive and negative mixed and way too much spread.

Probably either local N E and delta Z based on the instrument position or delta X, Delta Y, Delta Z or some such. Can't tell from here.

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7

Yeah I got the points in, but I have no idea what CS it is in.  Looks to be along the coast somewhere perhaps.

Todd Rogers
Message 6 of 7
RJK42
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

I'm not sure what coordinate system that was used.  I was out helping shooting the points.  This is something new to me as well.  I will find out.

Thanks

Message 7 of 7
RJK42
in reply to: AllenJessup

I think you're correct.  I do believe that I need to set the points into the civil as "PNEZD" and on the newer data "PNEZ" because there is no discription.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report