Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Part Builder Pipe displays incorrectly in profile view

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
CadMatt
651 Views, 4 Replies

New Part Builder Pipe displays incorrectly in profile view

Hello,

Using part builder, I created a new pipe part for an odd-sized CMP arch pipe.  In plan view, the pipe looks good.  At first glance, I thought the pipe was drawn correctly in a profile view, but I realized that the pipe was displayed with the invert located at the wrong place in the profile view.  I thought this was because the insertion point of the new pipe part that I had made was placed at the incorrect location in part builder.

So, I swapped out the incorrect pipe size for another one that I knew was correct, and then deleted the incorrect pipe from the pipe parts list, and  went back to part builder, and placed the insertion point at the invert of the pipe; then saved the edited pipe part, ran partcatalogregen, added the "corrected" pipe part to the pipe parts list and swapped in the new corrected pipe size to the pipe network.  However, the pipe still displays incorrrectly on the profile view.

The pipe data is correct in the pipe properties: the invert is stated to be located at elevation 20.  The overall height of the pipe , 38" (3.1667') is correctly displayed on the profile view.  But the actual location of the pipe invert is not shown at the correct location, elevation 20, on the profile view.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to correct this?  Did I do something wrong in part builder?

Thanks for any help you all can provide!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CadMatt
in reply to: CadMatt

Attached is the .dwg file this occurs in.

I'm not sure where I went wrong.  The pipe's properties are set correctly in the pipe properties palette.

1. Generally, the pipe is drawn to the correct slope and vertical scale.
  2. The invert of the pipe is shown at the incorrect elevation.

Any guesses, hunches, etc. are welcome!

Thanks

Message 3 of 5
Jason.Ferrelli

Hi Matt,

Thank you for providing the CAD file. Could you also upload the Pipe part files, so I can take a look at them in part builder?

Also, did you create these pipes from scratch, or did you copy an existing part and modify it?

Jason Ferrelli
Message 4 of 5
CadMatt
in reply to: Jason.Ferrelli

Jason,

I created the 38x57 CMP arch from scratch.

Attached are the part files in a compressed folder.

Thanks

Message 5 of 5
Jason.Ferrelli

Please give this part a try and let me know if this resolves your issue.

Jason Ferrelli

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report