AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Active Contributor
tsachi
Message 1 of 2 (106 Views)

Need some help with data shortcuts

106 Views, 1 Replies
09-11-2013 12:55 AM

Hi,

I have setup shortcuts for my project, the working folder is on a network drive: P:/1111/Ashalim.

I am having issues with using these shortcuts with new drawings, example:

I have a new drawing with some earthwork surfaces that read the survey surface from the shortcuts. When I open the drawing file the tin volume surfaces (the earthwork calculations) are marked with a yellow exclamation mark (!) and need to be rebuilt, is this normal?

The other issue I am having is referencing the survey surface and the alignments I have in new files.

I open a new drawing, point it to the working folder, set the data shortcuts project folder, save the file and now I should be able to reference the surface from my shortcuts but i can't. Right clicking of the surface tab under the shortcuts does nothing.

I'm using win7 pro , the server is running win2003 SBS.

Thanks

*Expert Elite*
troma
Message 2 of 2 (57 Views)

Re: Need some help with data shortcuts

09-12-2013 11:32 AM in reply to: tsachi
First issue; yes, this is normal. The program realizes that the surface is a d-ref, so it could have changed. It doesn't know it it did change or not, but it could have. Therefore if it did change, any calculations based on it are out of date. So it marks them as out of date.

Second issue; sorry, don't know. Sounds like it should work as you say.

Credit where credit is due! Give kudos or accept as solution whenever you can.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.