Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some help with data shortcuts

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tsachi
196 Views, 1 Reply

Need some help with data shortcuts

Hi,

I have setup shortcuts for my project, the working folder is on a network drive: P:/1111/Ashalim.

I am having issues with using these shortcuts with new drawings, example:

I have a new drawing with some earthwork surfaces that read the survey surface from the shortcuts. When I open the drawing file the tin volume surfaces (the earthwork calculations) are marked with a yellow exclamation mark (!) and need to be rebuilt, is this normal?

The other issue I am having is referencing the survey surface and the alignments I have in new files.

I open a new drawing, point it to the working folder, set the data shortcuts project folder, save the file and now I should be able to reference the surface from my shortcuts but i can't. Right clicking of the surface tab under the shortcuts does nothing.

I'm using win7 pro , the server is running win2003 SBS.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
troma
in reply to: tsachi

First issue; yes, this is normal. The program realizes that the surface is a d-ref, so it could have changed. It doesn't know it it did change or not, but it could have. Therefore if it did change, any calculations based on it are out of date. So it marks them as out of date.

Second issue; sorry, don't know. Sounds like it should work as you say.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report