Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with pipe editing

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Neilw_05
291 Views, 5 Replies

Need help with pipe editing

I'm having a struggle with editing a pipe network. The problem I have is: I want the inverts to match for incoming and outgoing pipes. Is there a way to enforce the invert relationships? I may want an exact match or a fixed drop across the structure. Per the comment below, applying pipe rules produces undersireable side effects.

Another problem I have is part of my network represents existing pipes. I don't want those parts to change when making edits to the network such as connecting new pipes to them. How can I prevent them from being influenced by edits to the new pipes?

Thanks

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
civilspace
in reply to: Neilw_05

Usually, to prevent that interation, I'll create a network for my exisitng pipes and a second one for the proposed works.

Regarding the fall across the structure, what comment were you refering to that illustrated why the rules-based method didn't work?

Regards,
Anthony
Message 3 of 6
Neilw_05
in reply to: civilspace

Hi, I was afraid that was confusing.

If I apply pipe rules the existing pipes get changed along with the proposed so I was not finding that helpful. In the past we could not connect pipes from different networks. Is that no longer an issue in 2011? Will the existing pipes remain unaffected by edits to the new pipes? What issues might I encounter?

WIN 10 64 PRO

Message 4 of 6
Joe-Bouza

Hi Neil, I would keep the networks seperate to avoid any undesired changes to existing. I do not believe you can connect to different networks - use a dummy structure to connect to existing.

Then you could probably gor back to a rule

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 5 of 6
Matt.Anderson

Neilw -

The "Apply Rules" will only apply the pipe network parts default rules and only to those parts selected.

You have a couple of options - 1.) Edit the existing pipes so the rule is "Do Nothing", 2) Only select new pipes.

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 6 of 6
Neilw_05
in reply to: Matt.Anderson

I hadn't thought of creating a "Do Nothing" rule. Great suggestion. If it works as desired it's better than making a seperate network. I'll give it a try.

Thanks Matt.

WIN 10 64 PRO

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report