Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help with Labeling Parcels

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
clemay
229 Views, 4 Replies

Need Help with Labeling Parcels

I am working on labeling parcels that I have imported the shapefile and then converted to a drawing.  I then took that drawing and inserted into my Master Drawing.  The problems I am having when I choose create parcels from objects are listed below.

1. When I choose a parcel style and apply it to my selected parcels, which are closed polylines that overlap on joining sides, they show duplicate data for the same sides.  They also show parcel data for the many line segments that were used on the arcs that I do not need.  Rather than giving me a distance for a particular arc, or one side of the parcel, it gives me like 10 labels on that one side.  Or at least how ever many segments that were used to create the arc.

2. I was trying to figure out how to label them with just a distance for the line segments and the Parcel Number.  But it seems that I may have to create a style that shows this type of data, rather than being able to choose a Parcel Style that is called "Parcel Name And Area", as they have in the tutorials.

I thought I could use the OVERKILL command and get rid of the overlapping lines, but only to realize that they are on top of each other, but just enought apart to where I can't execute the command. Frustrating really.

Any tips are pointers would greatly be appreciated from you masters out there. 

I have been grinding myself out going through all of the tutorials and making sure I learn everything possible so I don't have to ask silly questions to the masters out there, but I have to learn somehow and my main go-to is teaching class.

Please let me know if you need any data from my end.

C3D 2016 SP3
DELL Precision T3600
Intel Xeon E5-1650 @ 3.20GHz
NVIDIA QUADRO 4000 Dual Monitor
32 GB RAM / Win7 Pro 64-bit
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mathewkol
in reply to: clemay

You definitely need to get rid of the "overlapping" segments, which sound like they are not actually overlapping. Try the MAPCLEAN command. There is a tool for duplicate objects which "may" have a tolerance setting. I can't remember.

Problem is, you may certainly end up with gaps in your parcels. Another part of mapclean may be used for that possibly.

It's possible you may need to do a bunch of work to get them correct.

Maybe attach a small area of your file and we can look at it. Find a spot where there is definitely some problems.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 5
KirkNoonan

Insteead of OVERKILL, try MAPCLEAN. You should probably explode the polylines into line segments first.

Message 4 of 5
clemay
in reply to: mathewkol

I'll cut out the parcels and a small section and see if I can attach it for review. Thanks! I am going to try the methods suggested as well. I am thinking back and I think I may have had create closed polylines when I created the dwg objects from the original shape file....not sure though....
C3D 2016 SP3
DELL Precision T3600
Intel Xeon E5-1650 @ 3.20GHz
NVIDIA QUADRO 4000 Dual Monitor
32 GB RAM / Win7 Pro 64-bit
Message 5 of 5
jmayo-EE

http://civil3drocks.blogspot.com/2006/06/parcel-rules-explained.html

This is still good stuff for parcels.

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report