Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ncopy command offsetting objects

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
784 Views, 8 Replies

Ncopy command offsetting objects

I am trying to copy objects from an xref, and when I select the objects from the xref, they appear to the side of where they are actually located. So, effectively, if I want to place the objects in exactly the same spot where they are in the xref, I have to try and eyeball it, or take the additional step of moving them into place, which is becoming very time consuming. Anyone have this problem, and know how to fix it?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Jay_B
in reply to: Anonymous

What steps are being used and which version?

Ncopy works here with C3d 2012 sp3 when entering 0,0,0 as base pt. and 0,0,0 as displacement.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Jay_B

I'm not entering anything for a base point. When you pick an object, it highlights to show you what has been selected. That highlighted image is not aligned with the original object, but shows up to the right of it. I am able to pick the object, and move it to where it should be, but it's not how it should be, and is confusing when selecting multiple objects. My AutoCad Civil 3D 2013 is updated with all the latest service packs, etc. If I enter "0,0,0" for my base point, and then enter "0,0,0" for my second point after selecting the objects, the are placed to the right of where they are in the xref.

Message 4 of 9
Jay_B

Is drawing set to WCS and Top View?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Jay_B

Yes

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

An update:

I've noticed that a different xref in the same drawing does not have the same problem! It's only that one! I'm thinking the settings in that particular drawing are somehow different, and conflicting, but how? I can't really edit and save that drawing though, as it is on a server, and I do not have permission for that. Still curious as to what would cause this.

On a side note, I don't know how the title got changed from "Ncopy" to "McCoy"

Message 7 of 9
Jeff_M

@Anonymous wrote:

On a side note, I don't know how the title got changed from "Ncopy" to "McCoy"

Probably Jay's spell check caught it and 'fixed' it for him.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

check that the insbase variable in the source drawing of the xref is set to 0,0,0
Message 9 of 9
Cadguru42

@Anonymous wrote:

I am trying to copy objects from an xref, and when I select the objects from the xref, they appear to the side of where they are actually located. So, effectively, if I want to place the objects in exactly the same spot where they are in the xref, I have to try and eyeball it, or take the additional step of moving them into place, which is becoming very time consuming. Anyone have this problem, and know how to fix it?

Check to make sure the coordinate systems in both are setup and/or the units are correct. I've had problems where I have a drawing given to me that I thought was in US state plane coordinates, but actually wasn't set to that & the units were international feet instead of US survey feet. That one bit me big time and caused a change order. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report