Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nav Cube Oddity

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
neilyj666
363 Views, 2 Replies

Nav Cube Oddity

Just noticed that the Nav Cube is being displayed (I usually keep it turned off as its a bit annoying) but its pointing in an odd way as I'm using the world UCS with no TWISTS or anything

Any ideas as to the cause and solution??

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
n2itive
in reply to: neilyj666

It's a pain in the ars and I've been complaining to autodesk for some time now. There silence tells me they have no permanent fix. A simple workaround is to edit or remove the "GEOGRAPHICLOCATION". Be careful because removing this will reset your coordinate system to "no datum".  Unfortunately, if your like me, this problem continues to come back every time I open a 2013 drawing. I've read this has no effect on your coordinate system or survey data but I'm still skeptical.  

Infrastructure Design Suite 2014
Civil 3D 2013 sp2
Windows 7 x 64, 16 GB
Intel Xeon @ 2.80 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Message 3 of 3
neilyj666
in reply to: n2itive

I thought SP1 sorted out this "annoyance" - it may be because I'm creating a sheet set using my sheet set template which is different from my usual template.

There doesn't seem to be any problem with it though - I'll just turn it off and forget about it....Smiley Wink

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report