Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWCOUT Unit and other settings

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
cwright
3451 Views, 2 Replies

NWCOUT Unit and other settings

I've come up with a process to create one Navisworks file for all proposed roadways on a site development project.   One file is desired so that we can combine this file with the several other disciplines involved on the project.   The combined autocad drawing is a combination of a few 'corridor from solids" files along with a couple of surfaces that are referenced via data shortcuts.     The units of the dwg are feet and decimal degrees.

The problem:   When I execute a NWCOUT command the resulting Navisworks file is in millimeter units.    When initially combined with the other pieces it is way too small.   A simple right clcik and change to 'units and tranform' in Navisworks manae solves the problem but it would be nice to have the units correct from the beginning.

Where can I change the units of the NWCOUT and perhaps some other settings?

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Brian1
in reply to: cwright

In Civil 3D type NWOPT or NWOPTA on the command line.  Change the units in that dialog before running NWCOUT.

Brian Morse
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2015
Win7 64
Message 3 of 3
Mark-O-O
in reply to: Brian1

We have the survey in State Plane coordinates and the plant is a 5000, 5000 coordinate system.  When I NWCOUT it ignores the UCS system and exports to the State Plane Coordinates.  Do any of the NWC settings happen to be able to retain the UCS in the NWC file?  I didn' see any or maybe I just missed it.

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report