Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mysterious Alien Crop Circles

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
mcloughlin
558 Views, 5 Replies

Mysterious Alien Crop Circles

In certain drawings that are re-opened, we find a little red 12-spoked crop circle at the 0,0,0 point.  It is not a base point; it is not a UCS reference (does not disappear when UCSICON is OFF).  It is not appended to any object; it sits alone unto itself.  

The circle cannot be selected.  Consequently, it cannot be listed or otherwise manipulated.  

As you can see in the appended image showing the same drawing zoomed out and zoomed in, the mystery circle does not zoom, and its distance from other objects increases with zoom amount if these are not centered at 0,0,0.  This image contains only the 0 and defpoints layers; turning off either layer does not affect the evil circle.

What can it mean?  How may I eliminate it?

I would add ghostly theramin music if it were possible.  Thanks for the help.  

Mystery Crop Circle 09 Jun 2014.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Pointdump
in reply to: mcloughlin

McL,

Hovering over the mysterious object, it says "Geographical Marker". Dunno.

Marker.png

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 6

GEOMARKERVISIBILTY = 0. I'm not sure what its purpose really is, it tends to center itself within the bounding box of elements in the drawing.
Message 4 of 6

That is the geospatial marker.

It is shown when a drawing has a geospatial coordinates system assigned to it. (Toolspace => Settings Tab => Right click the drawing name =>Units and Zone Tab of the the Drawing Settings dialogue => Zone group of controls at the bottom)

You can turn it off by typing "geomarkervisibility" at the command line (without the quotes) and setting the value to 0.

This will turn it off for the current drawing. To turn it off permanently, I have put the list command (setvar "geomarkervisibility" 0) in the acaddoc.lsp file.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 5 of 6

Conor and Andrew,

Setting GEOMARKERVISIBILITY = 0 does indeed get rid of it.

Geo.png

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 6 of 6

Thanks, Andrew.  You have defeated the aliens successfully.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report