Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multpile Revisions on one Sheet and SheetSet Manager

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ralstogj
1152 Views, 6 Replies

Multpile Revisions on one Sheet and SheetSet Manager

Hi

I was wanting to know how people deal with multpile revisions of one sheet with sheetset manager, basically I want the cover sheet of drawings to have a list of drawings including the revision letter and revision date and on each individual sheet keep track of historical revisions 

There is the current sheet revision and date fields.Does everyone usually just update these and manually keep track of historical revisions else where in there title block?.

Regards

Justin Ralston
http://c3dxtreme.blogspot.com/
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
SethHall
in reply to: ralstogj

Although I cannot offer a perspective of a production environment, I do not think there is any automated way to accomplish this. If anything I hope this reply brings this topic to the top of the list to drum up some responses from users who may have encountered this.

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 7
Joe-Bouza

You would need to add custom fields into SSM to take the input per sheet revision. Although this creates a conundrum? how many revision fields do I need? If I make a provision for say six revision I'm sure I'll need seven in practice.

So create as many custom revision fields you anticpate and place empty placeholders on the TB.

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 4 of 7
SethHall
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Thanks Joe!!

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 5 of 7
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: SethHall

Hi Seth

UBETCHA!

I'll try to contribute more as time permits. Smiley Very Happy

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 6 of 7
MikeEvansUK

I have just been looking at the same thing. We would state the revisions on the sheet but oviously you cant have differing revisions with ease.

I sudgest you could set up a custom sheet value for the current revision number and decriptive text which can be set by the user when he updates the drawing revision.

This field must not be included in the revision text on the drawing, that should be plain Mtext otherwise you will get duplicate revisions anotated but could be projected to the master revision sheet you spoke of for record tracking.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 7 of 7
ralstogj

Sort of as Mike suggested I have put in the current revision field and that has to be updated by the user and the old revsion date and number added to the titile block. These are not custom fields at this stage in SSM that I can get the data for. As for the amount of revisions depends on the client one has been know to go through 26 letters it would be good if SSM could kind track of which one is the latest automatically and keep and auto extandable list of the historical ones so a complete drawing history could be printed from SSMtitileblock.png

Regards

Justin Ralston
http://c3dxtreme.blogspot.com/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report