Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple station in one label

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
csevers
1130 Views, 8 Replies

Multiple station in one label

Im trying to make a label that will call out pipe replacement in reference to an alignment. I know how to call out from multiple alignments, but I need multiple stations from the same alignment, such as sta xxx to sta xxx. Thanks!
Chris Severs, PE
Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 64 bit
64.0 GB RAM
Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 @ 2.30GHz
NVIDA Quadro M4000
Civil 3D 2014
Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ender.prime
in reply to: csevers

Start by creating a new Alignment label style (single segment).

Under the layout tab, create a new text component then click the [...] to the right of Text -> Contents to enter editing mode. In the drop down list on the left you will find begin station, end station, and other properties you can use in your label. When you have one selected that you want to use, hit the big -> to the right of the properties drop down to insert it into your label.

A sample style for what you need might look like this:

<[Start Station(Uft|FS|P2|RN|AP|Sn|TP|B2|EN|W0|OF)]> - <[End Station(Uft|FS|P2|RN|AP|Sn|TP|B2|EN|W0|OF)]>

Once created, use the annotation style like you would any other Civil 3D labels.

Message 3 of 9
csevers

I do not see any option for start station or end station, only alignment start station and alignment end station which produce the entire alignments start/end station, not an arbitrary station as you show.
Chris Severs, PE
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDA Quadro M4000
Civil 3D 2014
Message 4 of 9
csevers

I tried the code you provided and it does not work.

I am using 2011, but I can't even find the option you are talking about in 2012 either. I know it exists because I have a set of plans from 2003 that performed this operation.
I am familiar with formatting labels, I just can't find a property in either the text or reference text components to do this.
Chris Severs, PE
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDA Quadro M4000
Civil 3D 2014
Message 5 of 9
ender.prime

I am also using 2012. This method assumes you will create an alignment for the new / rerouted section, and that this label will be based on an alignment label style. If you want to create this kind of label for a point only or a plain line segment then you will have to find another method.

See the attached images and see if that helps. I simply make a new alignment for the new section and set the start station equal to the beginning of the reroute. Since I am labeling the whole alignment, and not just one segment, and not just one point, I create a new "reference text" component in the label. I don't think I clarified that earlier.

Now when you add the label, Civil 3D will ask you which alignment you are annotating, and it should work.

Message 6 of 9
ender.prime

If you want this kind of label without creating a new alignment for the reroute, I could write a LISP routine for it but I don't have a clear way to do that using Civil 3D styles.

Message 7 of 9
csevers

I am familiar with creating labels. Like I said before I cannot find a component that will do what I want. Which is callout two different stations from the same alignment on the same label (neither being the alignment beginning or ending station).

I've attached a scanned drawing of an example.

Basically, I want to pick two of stations and offsets for 1 label from the same alignment.

Chris Severs, PE
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDA Quadro M4000
Civil 3D 2014
Message 8 of 9
csevers

Also, I'm using 2011 for this project, I was just checking if maybe it was a version issue, but I had no luck in 2012 either.

Chris Severs, PE
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDA Quadro M4000
Civil 3D 2014
Message 9 of 9
csevers
in reply to: ender.prime

I see what you're suggesting. But I still have to find the beginning and end station of the segment along my original alignment to be able to assign the beginning and ending of my new alignment to be equal. That completely defeates the purpose of using dynamic labels, it would be easier to just use plain static text.

Chris Severs, PE
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDA Quadro M4000
Civil 3D 2014

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report