Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Section Views Issues in C3D 2013

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Razzmatazz
635 Views, 5 Replies

Multiple Section Views Issues in C3D 2013

Hi, I have two problems with multiple sections in C3D 2013.

1. How do I make the sheet border fit within the print area? (See first attachment - The white border is the print area & the greeen one is the sheet border)

The cross sections are also too much to the left of the print area, how can i  move them a bit to the right?

2. My section view offsets are 30m on each side but the sections only reach an offset of 20m on each side making part of the sections invisible (see second attachment). How do i increase the offsets of the sections themselves?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

You'll need to set up the print parameters when generating the sections (choose paper size, etc.)

Eric Collins, P.Tech.(Eng.)

Win 10
Intel i7 9700 @ 3 GHz
16 GB RAM
Civil 3D 2019
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the quick reply............I had already set the print parameters including the scales in the page set manager of the dwt file. I made a custom template and i've noticed the problem was the paper size. We normaly use A3 then set the plot scale at 1mm = 2units in the page set up manager (See attachment) and the result is usually an A1 sheet size in normal drafting but it has refused to work with sections though it did with plan & profile. I changed the paper size to A1 n it worked. Thanks.

Do u know how how i can get around the second problem (Increasing the sections offsets-Not the section view offsets). I've looked around n i can't seem to find a place to change them the way you can easily change the section view offset. The only place i found is at section properties but the offset parameters are greyed out - They can't be edited. Thanks alot!

Message 4 of 6
Lisa_Pohlmeyer
in reply to: Razzmatazz

James,

for #2 are you perhaps talking about the swath width parameters?  Those are part of your Sample Lines and/or Sample Line Group settings.  You can change the overall swath width in the SLG and it will affect all of them. Looking at your pic, I'm not sure why you need to, unless there's something in your assembly that isn't being picked up in the section.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 5 of 6
Razzmatazz
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Lisa,

By the way that was be the issue, the swath widths were at a default of 20m. The reason i have to slightly increase them is because the left ditch is not visible in some of the sections due the the high embarkment on some parts of the road.

Thanks alot Lisa, your assistance is always highly appreciated.

Message 6 of 6
Lisa_Pohlmeyer
in reply to: Razzmatazz

James,

If you don't want to revise the swath width for the entire SLG you can grip edit the individual Sample Line or set a specific distance through the SL properties.  Sounds like you're starting to get the hang of this.  Glad I could help, again. 🙂

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report