AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Contributor
ozaukeelandwater
Message 1 of 3 (337 Views)

Multiple Grading

337 Views, 2 Replies
02-24-2010 11:22 AM
I am trying to do multiple grading side slopes on a pond project. I have all elevations set for the bottom. The deep portion is 2:1 side slopes and the shallower portion is 8:1. Civil asks for the entire length and I respond no, do the 2:1 no problems but it then asks for transitional length when I try to do the 8:1. Any suggestions or should I just do these as two seperate gradings??
Distinguished Contributor
NathanBee
Message 2 of 3 (337 Views)

Re: Multiple Grading

02-24-2010 11:50 AM in reply to: ozaukeelandwater
Try set your gradings futher apart then apply a transition between them and adjust the length of it.
Or you could create the transition first?

Stating the obvious, but you need a transition length between gradings, otherwise it will look uuuuuugly.

Nathan
*neilw
Message 3 of 3 (337 Views)

Re: Multiple Grading

02-24-2010 12:11 PM in reply to: ozaukeelandwater
This screen recording should illustrate the workflow. Basically you need to
create a region for the 2:1 and 8:1 slopes with a gap between them. Then
fill in the gaps with transitions.

http://screencast.com/t/ZWJiY2Q1

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs