Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Cross Sections

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Jcriccardi
204 Views, 1 Reply

Multiple Cross Sections

I recently converted to Civil 3d 2014 from Land Desktop 08.  I often have to calculate soil quantities and supply cross sections.  On LD 2008 I was able to "PLOT ALL" on the terrain menu.  I would just have to "define the site"  to plot how often the cross section would appear.

Before i go any furthe i would just like to clerify.  I am using surfaces.  I am creating a TIN volume surface.

I've been trying to figure this out on 2014.  I can only create an alignment and cross section from that.  Although this works, it takes way too long to complete. 

Does anyone know how to create multiple cross sections at one time?

Thank You

Joe

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
NMRollo
in reply to: Jcriccardi

Read through the "Creating Section Views" and "CreateMultipleSectionView" under F1 Help. The whole process is dealt with. Also, work through the tutorials.

For single sections at random, to proove the TIN surfaces, we use Profiles created along any alignment we choose to use.

The basic workflow is either:

Create alignment

Create Profile

Create Profile View

or

Create Alignment

Create Sample Lines

Create Section View or Multiple Section View

The most difficult part for me was getting all the settings into the formats I wanted.

C3D 2012 SP4
Win 7 64 i5
8GB RAM Quadro FX 1800

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report