Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiline text being converted into separate multiline texts

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
fordtruckman
2551 Views, 5 Replies

Multiline text being converted into separate multiline texts

I've recently noticed that my multiline text boxes in old drawings have been splitting themselves into multiple multiline text boxes.  They aren't exploding into single line text because it won't let me use the convert command to turn them into multiline because they are already multiline.

I know the dimassoc command can be set to a certain value to cause all dimensions to explode but is there some kind of command that could have change itself and is causing this problem?

Hopefully that explanation made sense...

Thanks for the help!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dgordon
in reply to: fordtruckman

mtext boxes do not just split them selves.   They don't explode into multiple mtext boxes either.   They explode to dtext.

I've never seen what you're seeing.   I can just tell you that is not typical behavior.

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 3 of 6
fordtruckman
in reply to: dgordon

Ok so even if they explode themselves to single line text blocks then there still isn't a command that controls that?

I was hoping it was some kind of setting that auto-exploded multiline text.  Don't know why you'd ever want that but, was hoping that existed so I could fix my issue.

Message 4 of 6
rl_jackson
in reply to: fordtruckman

I got this lisp routine on this discussion board some time ago, it converts multiple dtext objects to single mtext objects.

Hope that helps

Rick

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
Edwin
in reply to: rl_jackson

You are an ACE.jpgmate!

THANKS...that was real helpful.

Message 6 of 6
darryl_hammons
in reply to: Edwin

I fixed this problem by selecting the mtext object going to properties and changing the columns option to "NO COLUMNS".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report