Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multileader placement backwards

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
CarterAK
9315 Views, 7 Replies

Multileader placement backwards

Hi everyone,

Not sure if this should go in the Civil 3D or regular AutoCAD forum, but I am using Civil 3D 2012, 64bit, Windows 7.

The problem I am having is that when I place my multileaders it places them opposite of what I had planned. For example, text where arrow should go, and arrow where text should go.

I have been working in Civil 3D for years, but this is my second week in 2012. I am used to having my first click defining where the arrowhead point should go, and the second click defining where the text should go. But for some reason my first click starts with the landing for the text, and the second leader defines where the arrowhead goes. I am the only one in the office with this problem. Other users have opened up these same drawings, and their multileaders work normally. I am hoping there is just a button I have accidentally clicked somewhere to make this happen.

I believe that when I first started using 2012 last week the multileaders were working correctly, then I created a new style for a different type of annotation, and after that it started doing it wrong. Now even if I open a drawing I have never been in and has only the "standard" multileader style it does it wrong. This is a brand new computer and no other version of AutoCAD has ever been installed on it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Sarai

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
enderak
in reply to: CarterAK

When you create an mleader, there are options you can set - "L" for leader Landing first, "C" for Contents first, or "H" for arrowHead first.

It probably just got set on contents first instead of arrowhead first somehow. (Or that might be the default in 2012, I can't remember) in any case, once you set it, it should stick.

Message 3 of 8
CarterAK
in reply to: enderak

That was it! Thanks so much!

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Thank you!  Being set with contents firs was driving me crazy!

Message 5 of 8
aszarrin

Thank you for this secret option!
Message 6 of 8
neil

This was very helpful. Thank you!

Message 7 of 8
akshay.shah94

Thankyou So much! it worked for me as well! 

Message 8 of 8
inga49

Thank you fir postibg that problem abd the solution. It was a great help. I tried everything that i possible could. I prayed and i said Lord help me abd he directed me to this site. Kudos to you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report