AutoCAD Civil 3D General

Contributor
boberdorf
Message 1 of 4 (198 Views)
Accepted Solution

Multi-barrel pipes

198 Views, 3 Replies
11-24-2013 04:33 PM

What the best way to draw multiple parallel pipes that cross a corridor.  In my example I have a track with 4 pipes crossing the track corridor on slightly different alignments (from perpendicular to skewed).  I have drawn the pipes on as individual pipes under the same network following advice I found on the forum.

Hwever I cannot get them all to display on the profile.  I have tried "Draw Parts in Profile" but it seems to bring up only 1 pipe.

I would appreciate any guidance on managing multiple pipes.

Thanks

*Expert Elite*
Jay_B
Message 2 of 4 (187 Views)

Re: Multi-barrel pipes

11-24-2013 05:34 PM in reply to: boberdorf
Select Profile View>Right Click>Profile View Properties>Pipe Networks Tab.

Are pipes 1-4 all checked to display here? This is where the profile display options are managed.

If they are checked for display please post a screen capture of the pipe layout in plan view in relation to the corridor.
Jay

C3D 2014 SP1
Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Contributor
boberdorf
Message 3 of 4 (181 Views)

11-24-2013 05:48 PM in reply to: Jay_B

Thanks Jay,

I appreciate the response.  I am an amatuer on C3D and overlooked that setting.

Out of curiousity, is this the correct way to manage parallel pipes based on your experience?

*Expert Elite*
Jay_B
Message 4 of 4 (170 Views)

11-24-2013 06:13 PM in reply to: boberdorf
If your main goal is to draw and label the pipes I don't think it matters much if you have 4 disconnected pipes in one network or create 4 separate networks.

The reason you only had one pipe display is there are 2 options to draw pipe networks in profile view
Draw part in Profile.
Draw Entire Network in Profile.

My personal preference is to draw a single part in profile. Once this is done in a file for 1 initial pipe network,
any additional networks will also appear in the listing on the Pipe Network tab of pfl view prop's.

If a busy network is drawn using entire network option there's a bunch of pipes or structures that I end up
turning off anyhow.

HTH
Jay

C3D 2014 SP1
Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs