Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving custom setting from Civil 3D 2011 to 2012

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
alaskamike
219 Views, 1 Reply

Moving custom setting from Civil 3D 2011 to 2012

Is there a painless way to move custom setting, as in Tool Palettes and parts list from 2011 to 2012 Civil 3D?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Sinc
in reply to: alaskamike

I think there's supposed to be a migration assistant, but I've had very lack-luster results from it.  I haven't tried it in a while, though...  Last time I tried it, it could migrate a lot of core AutoCAD functionaltiy, but seemed to completely ignore all the C3D functionality.  i haven't tried it in a while, though (since the 2010 release, I think...?) because the results were so disappointing.  Not sure what may or may-not have been improved in the meantime.

You can always just upgrade your template to the latest release.  There have been lots of bugs involved with this in recent years, though, the most-annoying of which are that some Expressions get broken when upgrading from 2010 and earier to 2011, or 2010 and earier to 2012, or 2011 to 2012.  Very frustrating.

Sinc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report