Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving a point

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jmclefresh
205 Views, 2 Replies

Moving a point

When the field crew started the Back of Walk line it came, into the drawing, past the Face of Curb. This was due to the C3 command that created an arch on the Curb line. I moved the point and the tin lines and contours followed. Yet the small circle remains and I cannot get it to move. Why did it not move with the point marker? Will the circle have any effect on the drawing?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
doni49
in reply to: jmclefresh

Welcome to the forum!

What version are you using and can you upload the dwg file for someone to examine?

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 3
jmclefresh
in reply to: doni49

Attached is a screen shot of the problem. I am using Civil 3D 2014. The data was imported using Field Books. I can recreate the problem as a drawing if required or upload the corrected drawing. I moved the point and trimmed the line. What remained was a small circle that I could not move. If I deleted it, the point was deleted also. What is the circle? Also, there are many places that you can select and list the drawing points: if you right click on a point that is listed you get a sub menu. Example: Open Toolspace, Select the Prospector Tab. Right click on Points. If you select Lock or Unlock nothing happens. If you Highlight a point and select Edit Point this gives you another Panorama. You can make some changes to the point, but, only on the Command Line. Why not the Panorama? (As a side note, I’m still trying to find a light switch, for my house, that has “TRUE or FALSE” on it instead of “ON” or “OFF”.) The problem of the circle and point was solved by: I found the Northing and Easting where I wanted the point and the line to start. (Of course I forgot that this great program defaults, sometimes, to Easting, Northing in some Panoramas’.) I made the changes in the Field Book and the Panorama, imported the changed book and the line and point were in the correct location.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report