Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Cogo Points from Group to Group

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
brodour
955 Views, 2 Replies

Moving Cogo Points from Group to Group

I'm trying to set up two point groups: one that will only appear in one surface, and one that will only appear in a second surface. I'm taking a 2D foundation inspection and making it 3D, meaning I have to add cogo points in manually.

I'm having difficulty making sure the new points I add go into the right point group, so I can then bring the right point group into the right surface. When I add these points, they go to _All Points by default. I want them to go into a different point group I have set up.

What is the best way to do this?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
awood
in reply to: brodour

You'll need to tell your second Point Group what to include.
Easiest might be either by using a specific Decsription for your manually added points or to start the manually added points at a certain point number (10000 or something that is outside the range of your original points). Then just set the Point Group to include that decription or point number range.
Any point whether imported or manually created will go into _All Points.

HTH
AWood
Message 3 of 3
dgordon
in reply to: brodour

just to add to what awood said. Make sure after inserting the points to update the point group so that it will include any newly added points.

Dan
Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report