Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved CulDeSac & Now it won't rebuild within Corridor

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
bryancollins3174
589 Views, 17 Replies

Moved CulDeSac & Now it won't rebuild within Corridor

Here is the situation. I had a corridor built with a CulDeSac on a side access road. Problem I was running into was the daylighting from the assembly on curve so I finally decided that I needed to move the CulDeSac 20 feet further down the road. I deleted the CulDeSac region and when I did that the Final Grade for the EOPs profiles were deleted with it. I then moved the EOP alignments (Left & Right side) 20 feet further down the road and readjusted the start and ending of the alignments. Then went back to the existing grade profiles of the EOP alignments and redrew in the Final Grade profiles. I added back in the Regions for each Baseline and set the targets to  Road CL Alignment and Final Grade Profile. These are the exact same steps I took originally to build the CulDeSac the first time and it worked great. Now it won't even build the CulDeSac.

HELP! Did I do something wrong in just deleting the Region? When I deleted the region the FG of the EOP disappeared, but actually still showed in the Toolspace so the new FG profiles with same name were seconds/duplicates. Once I saw that I deleted the originals from Toospace and renamed the duplicates and used them for the Baselines.

Any help will be appreciated. I've recovered the drawing and audited the drawing. No errors have shown up. After all my weeks of hard work have I broken my corridor? Sure hope its just something really easy that I missed or messed up on.

Thanks.

Bryan Collins
Cadd Technician
Windows 7 Prof w/ SP1, 64bit, Xeon 3Ghz, 16GB
Civil 3D 2013
Tags (2)
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
Jeff_M
in reply to: bryancollins3174

If you could share the drawing I'm sure one of us on here could figure out what's missing. It's probably too large to post here, so a link to a Dropbox or Autodesk360 location would be best.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 18
Neilw_05

Something doesn't seem right. Deleting a region in a corridor should NOT affect the alignments and profiles it references. So deleting the region should not have caused your profile to be deleted. If that happened then there are other issues with your drawing or your workflow that you should be looking for. I suggest going back to an earlier version of the file before you deleted the region and start troubleshooting.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 4 of 18
bryancollins3174
in reply to: Neilw_05

Basically guys I had to start over with the CulDeSac from scratch and got it to work except for something really funky happening at station 15+00. I had to figure out how to get Autodesk360 working. Jeff I invited you to share the drawing.

Also as soon as I start on the CulDeSac my ditch foreslope and backslope/daylight is no longer at 4:1.

Please advise.

Bryan Collins
Cadd Technician
Civil 3D 2013
Message 5 of 18
Jeff_M

Hi Bryan, I had thought you might share the link here. I was just heading out for a day at the fair yesterday, hence my delayed response. One thing I noticed right away is that your left & right eop profiles stop short of the station needed to hit the end of the cul-de-sac regions. Your EG surface is a dtatshortcut so I do not have that surface to work with.

The ditch slopes appear to be no longer at 4:1 due to them being built 4:1 perpendicular to the baseline of those regions, but the sectionview is perpindicular to the main road baseline. Since they are askew to one another you will not see the 4:1 slope at the sections.

EESignature
Message 6 of 18
bryancollins3174
in reply to: Jeff_M

Sorry Jeff, I didn't see anywhere in A360 where I could post a link to the drawing.

Are you sure you dled the latest corridor drawing because the EOP go to 15+17.86 (Left) and 15+17.55 (Right) which matches up with the Rd CL @ 15+00. I am then running a regular CL Rd template for the 16' road to tie in to the existing road. I'm pretty sure the latest drawing synced up, but maybe it didn't. I keep getting sync errors in the taskbar icon for A360.

Thanks for explaining the deal with the 4:1 ditch slopes in the Cross Sections.

Were you able to make out what could be causing that horrible issue at Sta: 15+00 in the Cross Sections though?

Thanks for any and all help.

Bryan Collins
Cadd Technician
Civil 3D 2013
Message 7 of 18

Ah ha. Found the share Public link. Here is the link to the drawing. I am going to try and upload the Survey drawing as well with the EG Surface in it.

Corridor Link: http://a360.co/14VTclE

Survey Link: http://a360.co/13f2zhb

Bryan Collins
Cadd Technician
Civil 3D 2013
Message 8 of 18
Jeff_M

I downloaded whichever dwg was there at ~8 p.m. PDT yesterday. Here is a pic of the Left EOP profile. This is why the 15+00 section is messed up, there is no profile for this baseline past 14+98.86.

8-5-2013 6-34-11 AM.png

EESignature
Message 9 of 18
bryancollins3174

I see what happened. The program crashed yesterday when I started to get the Sync error with A360. I guess the drawing didn't save. Let me reapply my changes again and will reupload the drawing. Stay tuned.

Bryan Collins
Cadd Technician
Civil 3D 2013
Message 10 of 18

Drawing has been reuploaded.

Reminder, this is my first corridor road design. So if you see anything in the drawing(s) that you think I should be doing differently please let me know. I've learned alot, but there is still so much more to go before this project is complete.

Thanks again.

Bryan Collins
Cadd Technician
Civil 3D 2013
Message 11 of 18
Jeff_M

The latest dwg opens with a different display so I know it's different, yet I am still seeing the two EOP profiles not being long enogh to get to the end of the regions. At the Renew Road Station 15+00, left eop station is 15+17.86. The profile ends at  14+98.86. DId you forget to move this profile when you moved the bulb?

EESignature
Message 12 of 18
bryancollins3174

The latest drawing I uploaded had Left & Right EOP Profiles end @ Sta: 15+17.70 @ 187.40. I'm not sure why you are still getting the old file.

Bryan Collins
Cadd Technician
Civil 3D 2013
Message 13 of 18

Jeff,

Have you had a chance to look at it?

Bryan Collins
Cadd Technician
Civil 3D 2013
Message 14 of 18
Jeff_M

Yes, Bryan, I am still seeing a dwg with the design profiles stopping short.

EESignature
Message 15 of 18
bryancollins3174

Sorry Jeff, no clue why A360 wouldn't update the drawing. I deleted it and reuploaded the dwg with the correct profiles.

Here is the link. http://a360.co/13AORZz

Bryan Collins
Cadd Technician
Civil 3D 2013
Message 16 of 18
Jeff_M

Bryan, I don't know what the deal is with A360, but this link is still giving me a drawing last updated around noon yesterday.

Can you just email the correct dwg to me? miff AT sonic DOT net

EESignature
Message 17 of 18
bryancollins3174

Jeff,

Are you talking about the new link I posted? It shows on A360 the file I updated today. No clue why you are still getting an older file when I deleted the previous files. Did you log out and log back in? I sent you the file to your email as you suggested.

Bryan Collins
Cadd Technician
Civil 3D 2013
Message 18 of 18
Jeff_M

Yeah, it's weird. On Autodesk 360 I see that it shows a last modified and hour ago by you. I click on it to download, and it saves it as a new file. I open it and it is the one from Sunday at noon. I have no explanation....

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report