Contributor
blackstack
Message 1 of 7 (357 Views)

Move Up Subassemblies in Assembly Properties

357 Views, 6 Replies
06-23-2009 04:21 PM
Assembly Properties
- Construction

I do not seem to able to move up (or down) any of the subassemblies in any of my assemblies. The subassemblies are all in the same Group. The options to move up or down are grayed out, as being not available. I thought that only happened if the subassemblies were not in the same Group, but these are all in the same group. This is release 2009.

Any way to fix this?
john
Message 2 of 7 (268 Views)

Re: Move Up Subassemblies in Assembly Properties

04-05-2011 01:50 PM in reply to: blackstack

Did you ever find a solution to this problem. I am having the same problem here.

Thanks

*Expert Elite*
mathewk
Message 3 of 7 (257 Views)

04-05-2011 04:21 PM in reply to: blackstack
You don't move subassemblies up and down like you do subassembly groups. Subassemblies are organized here generally from the inside out, or in the order they have been attached. You need to move them around physically to get them in a different order. What are you doing that you want to change the order and why do you think the order needs to be changed? Maybe attach a sketch to explain if needed.
Matt Kolberg
Cansel - Autodesk Division
http://www.cansel.ca/
Valued Contributor
david.dixon
Message 4 of 7 (203 Views)

08-31-2011 11:02 AM in reply to: mathewk

Hi Matt.  I just noticed this too.  When you insert a new subassembly in between 2 existing subassemblies, then look at the Assembly Construction, the newly added SA appears at the end of the group listing.  I don't believe this affects the Corridor processing though.

David Dixon
Senior Civil Designer

Google+
*Expert Elite*
mathewk
Message 5 of 7 (192 Views)

09-01-2011 03:03 AM in reply to: blackstack
Let's say you're doing this on the right side of the assembly. After you add the new SA, did you select all of the SA's to the right of the new one, right click and choose "move to" and selet the rightmost marker of the newly added SA? If they are connected from the inside to out, they should be top down in properties.
Matt Kolberg
Valued Contributor
david.dixon
Message 6 of 7 (189 Views)

09-01-2011 05:38 AM in reply to: mathewk

Thanks again Matt. That worked.

Hey, have you heard any word about AU Golf this year?

David Dixon
Senior Civil Designer

Google+
*Expert Elite*
mathewk
Message 7 of 7 (182 Views)

09-01-2011 07:01 AM in reply to: blackstack
James didn't do it last year. I doubt he will do it this year. I haven't heard about anyone else stepping up. I have to be at the ATC summit all day Monday again this year so I couldn't even make it.
Matt Kolberg

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs