AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

*Expert Elite*
LeafRiders
Message 1 of 4 (114 Views)

Move Materials up or down in the list? Add Shape to Material List Error

114 Views, 3 Replies
12-11-2012 05:02 PM

Is there a way to move materials or reorder the materials list once it's created? Each time I use the initial dialogue from "Compute Materials" I get this error when I try to add a shape to my material that's in the list.

"The corridor shape can be added to structure-type materials only." This is a structure type going to a structure type material. What's the deal?

*Expert Elite*
sboon
Message 2 of 4 (105 Views)

Re: Move Materials up or down in the list? Add Shape to Material List Error

12-11-2012 10:18 PM in reply to: LeafRiders

Was this material criteria set defined originally in a previous version?

*Expert Elite*
LisaPohlmeyer
Message 3 of 4 (96 Views)

12-12-2012 05:15 AM in reply to: LeafRiders

how about a screen cap of your material list?

Lisa Pohlmeyer

C3D 2012 SP4, C3D 2015
Please use "Accept as Solution" if this solved your issue.
*Expert Elite*
LeafRiders
Message 4 of 4 (90 Views)

12-12-2012 07:24 AM in reply to: LisaPohlmeyer

No this is strictly version 2012 year and the error takes place when I create the initial materials list from the new dialogue that wasn't there in 2011. It's where you can also pick earthworks and it will ask for the two surfaces. This error is when I choose materials, pick pave1, base, and subbase. Then it goes to the main screen where you can add another criteria. I need to add pave2 to my existing structures (pave1) under pavement. If I get this again today, which I'm sure I will I'll stop back post a screen shot.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs