Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse not functioning in subassembly properties

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
WIZNICKARTS
231 Views, 3 Replies

Mouse not functioning in subassembly properties

We are running civil3d 2008 with all service packs and hotfixes installed. On some machines when we initiate a subassembly command we are unable to click and change the values for the sub-assembly before attaching it. It's not that the values are grayed out, its just that some of our mouses refuse to highlight the text or allow any changes to be made. Generally double clicking works to highlight any values and just type the new value, but some of our mouses will not allow it, Its almost as if the mouse highlights the text and then un-highlights it or simply refuses to place the sursor in the value field at all. Our workaround is to attach the subassembly using the default values and later on edit the values under subassembly properties where the mouse functions fine. This problem has occured on three or four different machines and is the same for all subassemblies. The affected machines also do not have a common mouse manufacturer either. I've had it happen using Microsoft, intellimouse, logitech, etc. Some users can change the values beforehand and others can't. Is there an interface setting or double click speed setting I'm missing that will fix this?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: WIZNICKARTS

Honestly sounds more like a display driver issue than a mouse issue.
Might check to see if your video card driver needs updating.

wiznickarts wrote:
> We are running civil3d 2008 with all service packs and hotfixes installed. On some machines when we initiate a subassembly command we are unable to click and change the values for the sub-assembly before attaching it. It's not that the values are grayed out, its just that some of our mouses refuse to highlight the text or allow any changes to be made. Generally double clicking works to highlight any values and just type the new value, but some of our mouses will not allow it, Its almost as if the mouse highlights the text and then un-highlights it or simply refuses to place the sursor in the value field at all. Our workaround is to attach the subassembly using the default values and later on edit the values under subassembly properties where the mouse functions fine. This problem has occured on three or four different machines and is the same for all subassemblies. The affected machines also do not have a common mouse manufacturer either. I've had it happen using Microsoft
, intellimouse, logitech, etc. Some users can change the values beforehand and others can't. Is there an interface setting or double click speed setting I'm missing that will fix this?
Message 3 of 4
WIZNICKARTS

Thanks for your reply, I will download the Autodesk recommended driver for the card and let you know the results.
Message 4 of 4
WIZNICKARTS

That solved the problem by downloading the autodesk recommended drivers for our graphics cards. Thanks for your suggestion, I have been racking my brain about that for three years now and just never had the time to fix it. That is one workaround that I am proud to be rid of!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report