Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying Pressure Pipe Networks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
taneum
274 Views, 2 Replies

Modifying Pressure Pipe Networks

I layed out a pressure netowrk horizontally using 6" pvc pipe.  It includes some 45 degree bends and such and even some curved pipe.  Now the engineer wants to adjust the alignment in the area of the curved pipe.  Has anyone figured out an easy way to do this?

First of all the modify area in the ribbon on the plan layout tools for pressure pipe is an absolut joke.  It lets me break a pipe (which deletes one end of it), move a pipe (but the attched pipes don't move), or slide a pipe (whatever that's supposed to do).

If I grip edit a curved pipe, this will not work.  The curved and tangent pipes will now no longer be tangent to each other and when laying out an alignment on the pipe itself, the curves will not work correctly when going to stake it out.

Has anyone worked enought with pressure pipes to modify them?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Neilw_05
in reply to: taneum

Pressure pipes have several deficiencies in their current state.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Pressure-pipe-data-reference/m-p/3444909#M176656

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 3 of 3
taneum
in reply to: Neilw_05

I am not even going to use my pressure network.  I am going to draw a polyline over it and use Civil 3D for the alignment and profile and I will just draw in the water main in the profile by hand as well.

I wasn't so dissapointed when it came out in 2013.  I thought to myself, "okay, it's the first release of this component".  But now to have 2014 installed and still have so many issues, I think to myself "what a joke".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report