Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify default Map Legend table style from Legend to Standard

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
aewatson
946 Views, 2 Replies

Modify default Map Legend table style from Legend to Standard

I am using Civil 3D 2010.

My goal is to purge the table style "Legend" from our template (don't ask why).

I have finally figured out that the table style "Legend" is being referenced by the Map portion of Civil 3D 2010.

If I modify my workspace to "Geospatial Toolbased", I can see it in action by bringing up the Map Task Pane, clicking on the Display Manager tab, right-clicking Tools, and selecting "Create Legend".

A Map legend is inserted, and it is using the table style "Legend".

How do I, or where can I modify the default table style being used by Map to insert a table?  I'm assuming that once I change it to 'standard', I'll be able to purge the 'Legend' table style.

Thanks,

Andrew

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
aewatson
in reply to: aewatson

I figured out that Map is hard-coded to use the table style 'Legend' when using its command 'Create Legend'.  Unfortunately, there is no way to change the default table style to 'Standard', or any other table style for that matter.

Since we never use Map, and because I want to have a C3D template devoid of all extraneous styles, it means enough to me to search for ways to remove the 'Legend' table style, and its associated texstyle, also named 'Legend'.

If you are like me, these are the steps you can do to remove the 'Legend' tablestyle and textstyle:

• Type TABLESTYLE and right-click 'Legend' and rename it to something else.
  • Close the Table Style dialog box.
  • Retype TABLESTYLE and delete the rename tablestyle.
  • Now, delete the 'Legend' textstyle.

Message 3 of 3
AMapUser
in reply to: aewatson

Client standards require me to delete all text and table styles, thanks for this fix!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report