Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify Settings for Create Points at Alignment Geometry

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
360 Views, 1 Reply

Modify Settings for Create Points at Alignment Geometry

I have an alignement for a natural gas pipeline.

I want to use the 'Create Points at Alignment Geometry' tool in order to label only the PIs.  However, when I use the tool it creats two points (one called PI and one called CPI) at each vertex of the alignment.  How can I fix this issue and toggle the creation of the various other geometery points?

Thanks,

Alton Echols

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Jay_B
in reply to: Anonymous

Alton,

When I create points using 'Create Points at Alignment Geometry' I observe the following:

1. PI's without curves are as you describe - 2 labels in exact same location labeled "CPI" and "PI".

2. For curves only "CPI" labels are created.

If all you have is a no curves alignment the "CPI" labels can be filtered out using Point Groups with

Exclude Raw Descriptions matching *CPI*.

If you have a mix of angle PI's & Curve PI's or strictly curves you could apply the same concept by

Exclude Point numbers matching all point numbers for PI's without curves points.

Help describes the CPI as "Curve Point of Intersection and the PI as simply Point of Intersection.

Seems like there should be a setting for this buried somewhere but I can't find a way to turn them

off without the use of Point Groups.

II used these Create Point command settings - Description "Automatic-Object" and Elevation "Automatic".

As far as toggling the other various Geometry Points that would be Point Groups also if using "Automatic" point creation vs. Manual. Using manual Point creation you could just place a point at every PI but guessing that would take some time.

Is this another bug or why are 2 labels needed for a non-curve PI ?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report