Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modeling retaining walls

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
cwright
1209 Views, 2 Replies

Modeling retaining walls

I am trying to model a retaining wall so I can use it in Navisworks.    I have a corridor and my assembly is using a standard retaining wall.  When I use the object viewer the wall and roadway look pretty good. 

corridor.PNG

However, corridors don't transfer to Navis so I need to create a surface.  I do this in the corridor surface window using the 'top' code and I get a result that looks bad.   Here is the result:

surface.PNG

What gives?   Why the jagged edges? How can I make the surface look better?  Thanks in advance for any help

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AllenJessup
in reply to: cwright

Just going by the picture. I'd say that some of the points at the bottom of the wall fall within the corridor boundary and some do not. This could be because of the way the program creates lines between the assembly at that frequency. It could also be because the wall may have a minuscule undercut in certain places.

You could try copying the corridor surface and playing with the boundary or you could create an alignment for the wall and model it separately.

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
fcernst
in reply to: cwright

Try creating your surface with the corridor feature lines and not the Top links. I would like to see that.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report