Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modeling a Ditch

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
gould62
914 Views, 5 Replies

Modeling a Ditch

I have done some research on modeling ditches and can't seem to find a good answer.  My question is this:  I am trying to model a larger ditch by itself around a site.  I have an alignment and profile, and thought I would just created a corridor using the ditch assembly, boy was I wrong.  Why can't you attach a ditch assembly to an alignment and profile?  I know you can build it with generic subassemblies, but then you can't use the built in features of the subassemblies to calculate values of the material, like riprap?

If there is a way for this, please enlighten me!

Thanks,

Patrick J. Gould, P.E.
Lamac Engineering, a division of Hampton, Lenzini and Renwick

Civil 3D 2018
Windows 10 Pro-64 bit system
Intel Core i7-5930K cpu @ 3.5ghz
Nvidia Quadro K2200
32.0 GB ram
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
doni49
in reply to: gould62

What sub-assembly are you trying to use?  I just made an assembly consisting of two SAs -- one Daylight_General for the right and one for the left.  It worked fine except for a few places where it couldn't find the surface.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 6
gould62
in reply to: doni49

We are wanting to have the program compute the material quantities....

Patrick J. Gould, P.E.
Lamac Engineering, a division of Hampton, Lenzini and Renwick

Civil 3D 2018
Windows 10 Pro-64 bit system
Intel Core i7-5930K cpu @ 3.5ghz
Nvidia Quadro K2200
32.0 GB ram
Message 4 of 6
doni49

@gould62 wrote:

We are wanting to have the program compute the material quantities....

And the daylight_general SA includes a material item for rip_rap.

I'm using C3D 2012.

C3DDaylightGeneral.png

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 5 of 6
Jay_B

If you are using 2014 SP1 you will have problems with the Material Quantities as there's a known issue with Service Pack 1 where Materials aren't being properly displayed & calculated. They work in HF1 but one of the trade off's in reverting, is the Corridor Section Editor has  view display issues that have were fixed in SP1.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 6 of 6
doni49
in reply to: Jay_B

@Anonymous wrote:

If you are using 2014 SP1 you will have problems with the Material Quantities as there's a known issue with Service Pack 1 where Materials aren't being properly displayed & calculated. They work in HF1 but one of the trade off's in reverting, is the Corridor Section Editor has  view display issues that have were fixed in SP1.

Oh that sounds just dandy.  They've introduced another bug.  My supervisor is planning to switch us over from C3D2012 to 2014 soon (it was supposed to be "sometime in the fall" but got pushed back.  And material quantities IS something I do use.  GGRRRRR -- I HATE bugs!  🙂

Don Ireland

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report