Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modeldoc.cuix ?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
rkmcswain
1078 Views, 12 Replies

Modeldoc.cuix ?

Can some of you guys check and see if there is a "Modeldoc.cuix" file included in your Civil 3D directories anywhere?

This would include under your user profile, and under C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013

TIA

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Jeff_M
in reply to: rkmcswain

Nope, not found anywhere on my drive.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 13
troma

Not found on my C drive, if you trust the Windows search.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 4 of 13
mathewkol

Funny, just yesterday I was looking for the same thing. Can't find it. I can't even run the command in Map 3D. It just doesn't seem to exist.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 5 of 13
rkmcswain

I do not see it either.

I'm using Process Monitor to watch file activity and Civil 3D 2013 SP1 is SEARCHING for this file, every single time my cursor hovers over certain entities in the drawing. This happens in any drawing, not just a certain one - and it happens on multiple machines here in the office.  It looks in the current directory and then in each location in the support file search path.

In my case when it hits our server looking for this file, there is a delay, anywhere from 0.2 seconds all the way to 4+ seconds. (Can you imagine a multi-second delay every time the cursor crosses an entity!?!?) Obviously, this is a problem with our server or network and we are looking into the delay........but I would like to know...

• Why is C3D is wasting bandwidth and CPU looking for a file that doesn't even ship with the program
  • Why is C3D looking for this file so often
  • What is special about these entities that causes it to search in the first place (it doesn't seem to happen on C3D labels for example)

If you have time and know how to use Process Monitor, I invite you to monitor acad.exe and try this out for yourself.

This is not the first case where C3D is looking for something that does not come with an OOTB install. The XREFSTATE registry entry bug still exists AFAIK.

Message 6 of 13
ToddRogers-WPM

I have it.  I have IDS Ultimate installed.  it's located...

in C:\Users\trogers.TCAD\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2013 - English\R19.0\enu\Support,

in C:\Users\trogers.TCAD\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2013 - English\R19.0\enu\Support,

in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Utility Design 2013\UserDataCache\en-us\Support,

in C:\Users\trogers.TCAD\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Map 3D 2013\R19.0\enu\Support

and in C:\Users\trogers.TCAD\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Utility Design 2013\R19.0\enu\Support

Todd Rogers
Message 7 of 13
neilyj666

These??modeldoc.jpg

but it doesn't seem to be installed in any of the usual places

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 8 of 13
rkmcswain
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Todd, I'm pretty sure it comes with AutoCAD and AutoCAD Map, hence why you have it with the Suite.

Message 9 of 13
rkmcswain
in reply to: neilyj666

@neilyj666 wrote:

These??

Is that your deployment or the installed files with the app?

Message 10 of 13
ToddRogers-WPM

Yeah notice there is no Civil 3D!!  LOL

Todd Rogers
Message 11 of 13
rkmcswain
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

@trogers wrote:

Yeah notice there is no Civil 3D!!  LOL

You need something to do this afternoon, right? Smiley Indifferent

Find out the answers to the questions here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Modeldoc-cuix/m-p/3793590#M197172

Message 12 of 13
ToddRogers-WPM

You know it's Learning Central test taking time don't you?  Well hell, I'll get right on that R.K.!!!

Todd Rogers
Message 13 of 13

Not in my Civil 3d install, but it is in vanilla Autocad's install path.

I found out about the Modeldoc.cuix not being installed not long after installing Civil 3d 2013 after using Autocad 2013.

I tried copying across the Modeldoc.cuix file so that I could access the modeldoc ribbon and found none of the commands worked, so I figured it was another case of something that has been crippled in Civil 3d.

I did not realise civil 3d was looking for the file though or I would have left it there. 😞

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report