Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model Space

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Kyle-Evans
161 Views, 2 Replies

Model Space

Hey,

I have this problem where if i am working in one of my Paper Space tabs, but in the Model Space inside of paper space, and i change a point label, or something else that updates all over the drawing. Pipes, and whatnot, it automatically switches me back to my Model tab, where all my layers are turned on and I cannot make sense of what is left and what is right. Is there any way that I am able to turn this automatic switching of tabs off because it is annoying the hell out of me.

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
codyg
in reply to: Kyle-Evans

In my opinion, working inside a viewport is bad drafting practices... When I work on a drawing where this was done, I double click inside my viewport and freeze everything that is frozen in the current viewport and thaw the frozen (current viewport) layers so that my model tab layers are the same as the viewport. I realize that if you have multiple viewports with different things frozen, it can be a problem. The only thing that I go inside a viewport for is scale, rotation, and to freeze only layers that have to show up in another viewport but not this one.
Message 3 of 3
mmccall
in reply to: Kyle-Evans

I know the behavior you're describing. I work through viewports into model space quite often and hop from tab to tab. Working with basic AutoCAD components works fine but I have noticed that while working with C3D styles that pressing the 'apply' button will force you into model space every time ... so I just avoid using 'apply' and press 'ok' instead.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report