Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mleader Style

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Neptuno8881
909 Views, 9 Replies

Mleader Style

I'm labeling using Mleader style but the text is not showing the way I want it (See pic attached).

I want the text to look like when I use qleader. I normally draw the leader using qleader with no text, then I manually add the text since always does not show the way I want it. The reason that I want to have it this way since we do the drawing at X scale then Eng. Dept. do theirs at Y scale and all the text with leader are way far apart.

Thanks

Neptuno8881

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
rkmcswain
in reply to: Neptuno8881

So by default, the text is coming in on an angle...and you want it at zero deg?

Are you in WCS? 

In MS?

In PS?

MS through a viewport?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 10
Jay_B

See attached to correct the text orientation in your Mleader Style.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 4 of 10
Neptuno8881

I have my drawing ucs set to WORLD, and dview 17 degree on Model and Paper space. What I would like is to have it to read horizontal all the time regardless of the dview angle.

Thanks.

Neptuono8881

Message 5 of 10
Neptuno8881
in reply to: Jay_B

I did that already and still does it.

Thanks.

Neptuno8881

Message 6 of 10
Jay_B

If your placing these labels in Layout and the text is an annotative style & Match text orientation to layout is checked it will be horizontal.

If in model space, I'm not aware of a setting to accomplish what your after.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 7 of 10
Neptuno8881
in reply to: Jay_B

I guess mleader does not work well since it's holding true North and I'm labeling in MS when the dwg. is dviewed.

I guess my best option is changing manually the degree angle in the properties box to make it work.

Neptuno8881

Thanks.

Message 8 of 10
Cadguru42

@Neptuno8881 wrote:

I'm labeling using Mleader style but the text is not showing the way I want it (See pic attached).

I want the text to look like when I use qleader. I normally draw the leader using qleader with no text, then I manually add the text since always does not show the way I want it. The reason that I want to have it this way since we do the drawing at X scale then Eng. Dept. do theirs at Y scale and all the text with leader are way far apart.

Thanks

Neptuno8881

I've had the same issue happen whenever I use DVIEW and leaders. I never use DVIEW because of this. If you use UCS>3 POINT>NEW then PLAN in your viewport you don't have to worry about the leaders not being horizontal. The other option is to use a C3D Note object. It'll always rotate and is annotative.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 9 of 10
sjg
Advisor

When using mleaders and view is not true north, switch UCS to VIEW and mleaders will come in horizontal to view.
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 10 of 10
Neptuno8881

That really works.

Thanks

Neptuno8881

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report