Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing "style" option in properties window

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
kbiggs
695 Views, 6 Replies

Missing "style" option in properties window

I use the Map function within Civil 3D 2012 to export municipal GIS data from shp files, for our base plans. One of the clean-up functions is to convert the text exported from GIS to an appropriate text style suitable for the project. To do this, I would select the text, use the select similar command, then update the text style in the properties window. This process has worked well when using Civil 3D 2010 and 2011, however, I have noticed in 2012 the "style" option is not available.

Not sure what I mean, have a look at the two attachments. Notice in the C3D 2012 image, there is no "style" option, while the C3D 2010 image includes the 'style" option. I submitted this bug to our reseller, who was able to replicate this error. Our reseller submitted this to Autodesk, who was also able to replicate this error. What is interesting is if I open the drawing that contains the map exported data from C3D 2012 in either 2010 or 2011 versions, the "style" option is available, just not in 2012. This leads me to believe the issue is not with the data or the export functionality of 2012, the issue is with 2012 displaying the data property. Autodesk has forwarded this issue to their developers, no indication of when or if it will be resolved for Civil 3D 2012.

My workaround for now is to use Civil 3D 2010 for the drawing cleanup functions. Fortunately I am able to have previous versions of Civil 3D installed, since I am on subscription. My advice is when upgrading, do not remove your previous versions if you are on subscription, you may need to use it one day.

Keith Biggs
CAD Tech Coordinator

R.F. Binnie & Associates Ltd.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
tcorey
in reply to: kbiggs

Hi Keith,

Can you post a sample drawing that we can take a look at? When I select just text items in 2012, the Properties dialog does include Style, so maybe I can glean some info by looking at your specific data.

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 7
kbiggs

Sure, have a look at the attached drawing. Select any text, the open the properties window in Civil 3D 2012, you should not see the 'style' option. This drawing was created using the MAPEXPORTCURRENTMAPTODWG command from the GIS SHP file data that was attached using FDO connection.

I would be interested to find out your results.

Keith Biggs
CAD Tech Coordinator

R.F. Binnie & Associates Ltd.

Message 4 of 7
nvengineer

I can't comment on the cause, but an audit repaired 27 errors and now the style selction shows up for me in C3D 2012.  Hopefully that can at least be used as a workaround.

Message 5 of 7
tcorey

Those objects have a style called "", which means the style has no name.

Using the attached lisp routine, you can select the text objects (or just window the whole drawing because the ssget function filters for text objects only), type in the name of an existing text style and all selected text objects will be updated to use that style. Now the style will display in Properties and Quick Properties.

The lisp file is called ChangeTextStyle.lsp. After loading with Appload, just type chstyle at the command prompt to run it.

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 6 of 7
kbiggs
in reply to: nvengineer

Interesting that you found errors, must be a function of exporting the data from Map. I asked our reseller to use the municipal SHP file data and export this to a drawing file. The reseller had the same results as I did, as did Autodesk. Could be an issue with the export function that is creating the errors. Thanks for the help.

Keith Biggs

Message 7 of 7
kbiggs
in reply to: tcorey

Thanks for the LISP routine Tim, this will help our drawing cleanup process.

Keith Biggs

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report