Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Workspaces -- Definitely

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
sbartels
15653 Views, 14 Replies

Missing Workspaces -- Definitely

I'm missing workspaces.  I open the AutoCAD Civil3D 2013 shortcut, but the only workspaces available to me are the Drafting & Annotation, Basic 3D, 3D Modeling and AutoCAD Classic. 

Unfortunately, none of these allow me to create surfaces, alignments or profiles.  The Create Design panel just doesn't exist in these workspaces.

Is there any way to get the correct workspaces?  Or add the features I need into the workspaces available to me?

Thank you,

Stephanie

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
rkmcswain
in reply to: sbartels

Sounds like maybe your CUIX is hosed, the WS might have been deleted?

Have you went into the CUI command to see?

Maybe you could reset or restore you CUIX file.

Here's how:

http://thecadgeek.com/blog/2009/08/reset-cui-verses-restore-cui-whats-the-difference/

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 15
sbartels
in reply to: rkmcswain

I tried the "Reset CUIX" command and it did wipe out my workspace customizations (back to the default settings), but it did not give me a Civil 3D workspace.

I have also looked for the tools that should be available in the Civil 3D workspace, but they aren't in the customize workspace dialog.

Stephanie

Message 4 of 15
tcorey

Open AutoCAD. Go to Options command. Profile tab, select <<C3D Imperial>> and press Set Current.

If that doesn't help, run a Repair Installation.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 5 of 15
sbartels
in reply to: tcorey

My profile was set to <<C3D_Imperial>>.  I'll try to repair install tomorrow.

Message 6 of 15
rkmcswain

If you have a few minutes, log on as a different (preferably new to that machine) user and launch C3D.

Does it work?

Message 7 of 15
sbartels

Okay, so we found a solution:

Under Options - Files - Customization Files - Main Customization File

Browse to Autodesk/C3D 2013/enu/Support/C3D.cuix  to select that cuix file as the main customization. 

This will give access to the Civil 3D workspace.

Yay!

Message 8 of 15
rkmcswain

So what _was_ the loaded main menu file?

Message 9 of 15
sbartels

Sorry, I didn't check.  I kicked myself for it right after  the correct one loaded. 

Message 10 of 15
Jay_B

Just found this thread searching because I did a reset of the <<C3D_Imperial>> profile in 2013 c3d (Infrastructure design suite) no separate vanilla cad install in play here and it got rid of my Civil 3D workspace as an option in "workspace switching" under that profile.

The file path in my case had been reset to C:\Users\brubble\appdata\roaming\autodesk\c3d 2013\enu\support\acad

Browsing to Autodesk/C3D 2013/enu/Support/C3D.cuix as suggested fixed it and repopulates the path to

C:\Users\brubble\appdata\roaming\autodesk\c3d 2013\enu\support\c3d

Momentarily got the "The Ribbon does not have any tabs or panels currently" message but selecting the Civil 3d workspace restored the ribbon.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 11 of 15
khyati.pancholi
in reply to: Jay_B

I'm missing workspaces.  I open the AutoCAD architecture2013, but the only workspaces available to me is Architecture, the Drafting & Annotation, Basic 3D, 3D Modeling and AutoCAD Classic are missing. I am not able to change my workspae from 3D to 2D and the ribbon on top also shows only 3D tools

Thank you,

Khyati

Message 12 of 15
econtreras94

It works.  Thank u

Message 13 of 15
danielmw

Worked like a charm!

Tks!

Message 14 of 15
niyasptpt

thanks bro

Message 15 of 15
gilmorearch

I have had the same problem lately with Architecture 2017.  It definitely was a corrupt "ACA.cuix", the file for the Architecture flavor of AutoCAD.  I did a "repair" and it worked until I shut down the program and reopened it.   I copied the ACA.cuix from another workstation and everything worked.  shutting down and restarting brought the problem back.  I finally figured out that A360 was syncing back the corrupted file.  I turned off the sync'ing and so far so good.

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report