Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Profile lines

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
TrinaE
3408 Views, 7 Replies

Missing Profile lines

I created a profile showing original ground and included superimposed profiles and an offset of the og line. Now when I open the drawing, the profile lines are gone. The grid is there, all of the profiles are listed under the alignment but they are not showing up. All of the styles are on and I've turned all layers on. I've tried to regenall and recover the drawing but the profile lines are not showing in the grid. Does anyone have any idea of how to fix this?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
troma
in reply to: TrinaE

Double check: all layers on and thawed?

Can you try switching them to a different style?

Verify the surface is still there and in good shape, if it is gone, the profiles will be gone.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 8
TrinaE
in reply to: troma

I tried everything you suggested but still nothing.

I cleaned up temp files and what not from my computer and eventually a RECOVER worked and I've managed to get the lines back today so maybe its a memory problem??

Message 4 of 8
troma

I have heard that too many temp files causes strange glitches.  Sounds like this was one of them I guess.  Glad you got something to work anyway.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 5 of 8
rkmcswain

Had a similar issue here.

The surface was from a data shortcut, and everything appeared fine.

But we went and changed the display type to "triangles" (so we could visually see it) and it did not show up.

So we resynced the surface and then the surface showed up, but not the profiles.

Then we went to the profile view properties and changed each profile from "Dynamic" to "static", press Apply, then changed then back to Dynamic.

Then they showed up.

We repeated this a few times, because every time we'd save the DWG, and reopen it, the profiles were missing.

The actual  fix was to delete the original data shortcut for the surface, recreate it, and reattach this new DS to the profile drawing.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 6 of 8
mathewkol

Another thing to try, do they show up in a new profile view?
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 7 of 8
rkmcswain
in reply to: mathewkol

@mathewkol wrote:
Another thing to try, do they show up in a new profile view?

In my case, they did not - which led me to explore which of the two source objects (alignment or surface) was not really there.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 8 of 8
Mammothx
in reply to: rkmcswain

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report