Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Band Data at endpoints

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
rendarin
1398 Views, 5 Replies

Missing Band Data at endpoints

Good afternoon, I've been working with Civil 3D for a while and I've gotten the Profile View and Data Bands down pat pretty much, but my officemates and I still haven't found a solution to a problem:

Whenever we create an alignment with only two vertices (at each endpoint) and make the Northings, Eastings, and Elevations show in the data bands, the start and end show no data. (As below) Now I'm sure the data band is set up correctly because if I add a vertex somewhere along the alignment, all the missing data shows up.

This is my first time posting, so I'm not quite sure exactly what details you'll need to help, so I'll provide as needed; sorry for the inconvenience.

We've only had this missing data when the alignment is a simple straight line. Hope somebody out there can help 🙂 Thanks.

(Note: Neglect the angled Grade Break labels)

profile.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
andrewpuller3811
in reply to: rendarin

Interesting problem that I have encountered before myself.

Bring up the profile view properties, and select the Stations tab.

Set the Station range to User specfied range.

Select the entire value in the Start: text box and type in 0 (assuming this is your alignment start station value)

Select the entire value in the Ed: text box and type in the value of the alignment end station. Only enter the number, not the units.

If that does not work, enter 0.0001 as your start station and subtract 0.0001 from  your end station and enter it in the end station box.

I tested the above on Civil 3d 2013 64it on Windows Pro 64bit.

It would also be helpful in future if you post your version of civil 3d, whether it is 32bit or 64 bit and your operating system.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 3 of 6
rendarin
in reply to: andrewpuller3811

Good morning Andrew,

Thanks for that, I didn't think of trying that before. By doing what you said the Horizontal Geometry and the first Northings, Eastings, and Elevations show up. For some reason the data forthe last station won't show up, whether  I add or subtract to the end station. However this is already a large improvement, at least now I'll only have to manually enter three things, instead of 7.

Thank you very much 🙂

And I'm running this file on Civil 3D 2013 (I believe 64 bit) on Windows 7.

Thanks again.

Message 4 of 6
peaches8

Hi guys

i've just read your posting problem and solution, but i'm actually interested in how you set-up the bands to show Northing and Easting?

Message 5 of 6
aliahmedsaleh87

it dose not work with curve , in case of the alignment contains only one segment ( CURVE ).

any solution for this problem please?  

Message 6 of 6

it dose not work with curve , in case of the alignment contains only one segment ( CURVE ).

any solution for this problem please?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report