Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum Pipe Cover Question

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jbalaneski
528 Views, 6 Replies

Minimum Pipe Cover Question

I am using a Pipe Network for all my drainage culverts on a large industrial site.  I have created all my pipes from "Create Pipes from Object", which were all feature lines.  While generating the pipes, I told it to use the object as my pipe invert.

I have set up my pipe rules (i.e. minimum/maximum slope and cover) to what I want.  Also when creating my pipes I assigned my design (top of subgrade) surface to them.  But I noticed that it's calculating my pipe cover from the middle of my pipes.

My pipes all have the right wall thickness, etc...set in the style.  Is there a setting I'm missing telling the pipe to calculate it from the top of hte pipe...instead of the middle of the pipe?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: jbalaneski

In the create dialog, by default it is set to Center...

4-4-2012 8-46-10 AM.png

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 7
jbalaneski
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Yes I set that to use the object/feature line as the invert of the pipe...but it's still reading the cover from the center of the pipe...

Message 4 of 7
wfberry

I would not think that PIPE COVER would be anything but based on the top of the pipe.  Perhaps I am wrong but what if you did a quick "repair of your installation" and see if that fixes your problem.

Bill

Message 5 of 7
jbalaneski
in reply to: wfberry

Ironically I already did a repair last week on my install to fix another issue.  I even had our IT department completely reinstall my C3D when that issue wasn't resolved.

Message 6 of 7
ToddRogers-WPM

Have you tried deleting the rule and adding it again?  Or possibly clicking on the pipe, right-click, and Apply Rules?

Todd Rogers
Message 7 of 7
jbalaneski
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

I will try that and let you know what I find out....Thanks for the suggestion 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report