Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration to Infrastructure Design Suite

95 REPLIES 95
Message 1 of 96
terryl
1564 Views, 95 Replies

Migration to Infrastructure Design Suite

Has anyone seen any emails from autodesk on the migration to infrastructure design suite, my reseller as told me about it, but said autodesk has sent out emails on it and I have not seen anything from them on it.  Just check to see if anyone else has seen them.

Thanks

Terry

Civil 3D 2021
Dell 5510
Win 10 Pro X64
Intel Xeon 3.2 GHz
32 GB ram
NVIDIA Quadro 4000
95 REPLIES 95
Message 81 of 96
ACADuser
in reply to: wfberry

@wfberry wrote:

OK, 

I am a "Generic Opt In".  At this point I am not sure if this is good or bad.   That is:  Do I really want this monstros program?

Bill

Reminds me of the fast food industry...

Me: I'll have a plain burger with no mayo and a small fry

Teller:  Do you want the meal?

Me: No

Teller: The cost for a meal is the same for a limited time, would you like to try it?.

Me: Uh, ok.

Teller: What size would you like?

Me: small

Teller: What kind of drink would you like with that?

Me: No drink, just the meal.

Teller: It comes with the drink.

Me: Ok, I'll have water.

Teller:  Would you like to super-size that?

Teller: It's only .50 cents more...

Teller: That will be $5 at the second window.

After driving away, pulling out the burger, taking a bite and getting a mouth full of special sauce, I realize why I ordered the plain burger in the first place.  Good thing it came with the drink - sluuuurp - UGH! (my toungue is telling my brain it tastes like the smell of commercial bathroom sanitizer). I tell my self "next time I'm ordering a plain burger with no mayo and small fries".

ACADuser
Civil 3D 2018, Raster Design 2018
Windows 7 Enterprise
Dell Precision 5810 Workstation
Intel Xeon E5-1630 v3 @ 3.70GHz
32GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro K2200 4 GB GDDR5
DUAL 27" Dell UltraSharp U2713HM
Message 82 of 96
tcorey
in reply to: jggerth1

@jggerth1 wrote:

Yeah -- that was one of my pain points when the initial automagic upgrade came out - having to dl the entire immense conglomerate as one giant blob, instead of being able to dl the individual packages.  If 

If you pick the Install Now option on Subscription Center, the sofware downloads the installer, starts the installer and then lists the packages available. It will only download and install those that you have selected for install. 

If you pick Download Now, then it downloads the "entire immense conglomerate."

Also, you can request media from the Subscription Center. This will be supplied by Autodesk at no charge. For the suites, they send a thumb drive. Their standard disclaimer says it takes up to three weeks, but I have experienced wait times of just a few days. They ship from the east coast.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 83 of 96
DarrenP
in reply to: tcorey

How to request media through subscription center:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=16845017&linkID=16831209

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 84 of 96
rkmcswain
in reply to: tcorey

tcorey wrote:

Their standard disclaimer says it takes up to three weeks, but I have experienced wait times of just a few days

I agree with that ^^^^^

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 85 of 96
Mark_Castle
in reply to: AllenJessup

@AllenJessup wrote:

I have an older computer with a 240GB C: drive. After installing it I had to scramble to make some room.

Yeah, when I saw how large the install file was I swapped in a new 1TB HDD. Smiley Wink
Mark Castle
Win 10 64-Bit, Thinkpad P50
16 GB RAM; Core i7-6820HQ; Quadro M1000M
Message 86 of 96
Mark_Castle
in reply to: Mark_Castle

OK, I went to the online form to opt in. At the bottom it asks me to type security letters, but I don't see any, so I can't submit the form. Anyone else run into this?

Mark Castle
Win 10 64-Bit, Thinkpad P50
16 GB RAM; Core i7-6820HQ; Quadro M1000M
Message 87 of 96
LyleHardin
in reply to: Mark_Castle

I'm confused and have opened a ticket with Autodesk about this.

I went to request Home Licenses and noticed my Infrastructure Design Suite Premiums are now Civil 3Ds.

They showed as IDSP back in May.

I remember when first, we were given the option to OPT OUT of the suite. If we did nothing we were moved to the suite. 

Now what's happened? We had to OPT IN after all? I imagine I ignored the Opt IN thinking we were set since we didn't Opt OUT.

Anyone else dealing with this?

Message 88 of 96
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: LyleHardin

They changed it in the middle and made it to where you had to opt in.  Your reseller should have contacted you on the change.  If I was you, I would be on the phone asking them why they didn't update you on the change.

Todd Rogers
Message 89 of 96
Cadguru42
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Autodesk is having some major issues with the subscriptions and licensing. After the fiasco of automatic upgrades becoming opt-ins, I thought everything was fixed for us by the end of June. We converted 6 licenses of C3D to IDSP. When I did fill out the form to opt-in the reply from Autodesk was in French. (We're in TN and have always been English as our language for 25 years). I got that straightened out and everything was fine at the beginning of July when I installed IDSP on our computers. I get a quote for our subscription renewal this morning and it's completely wrong. I log into the subscription center to show the reseller what we have and all of our licenses and even softwares were wrong. 

I had to create a support request for the second time to fix our licensing. The reseller stated that Autodesk is "having issues with subscription and licensing" and that they'll fix it by the end of the day. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 90 of 96
LyleHardin

I did contact my reseller. They did email me in something about opting in.

I vaguely remember it, but I probably ignored it knowing that since I did not Opt Out I was all set and didn't have to do anything. We have all our IDSP downloaded, installed and licensed. I guess I need to learn to read the fine print better. I hope I can convince Autodesk it was a misunderstanding on my part and that we do wan the IDSP. We'll see how lenient they are I guess.

Message 91 of 96

@trogers wrote:

Your reseller should have contacted you on the change.  If I was you, I would be on the phone asking them why they didn't update you on the change.

Unfortunately they may have been as confused as some of their clients. I often know more about what's happening then my reseller. That's not a knock against them. They're very good. But they're not always happy about how well Autodesk keeps them informed about certain things.

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 92 of 96

You are exactly right Allen.  It was a complete nightmare for us resellers.  We had to contact ALL of our C3D and Map 3D customers, then turn right around and contact them again.  Complete nightmare!!

Todd Rogers
Message 93 of 96
LyleHardin

So, Anyone want to place odds on Autodesk letting me keep my IDSP instead of knocking me back to Civil 3D even though I didn't officially Opt IN due to my thinking I was already opted IN by default? I figure I might have a 50/50 chance...

Message 94 of 96
tcorey

I have a couple of clients who are affected by this. I have been told that Autodesk "management" is coming up with plans to help those who missed the July 15 deadline.

I am hopeful....

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 95 of 96
AllenJessup

I think a lot will depend on how much your reseller is willing to push the issue for you. If they're apathetic about the problem. The burden of trying to get Autodesk to budge will fall on you.

I'd suggest contacting them and asking what they'll be doing about it. Also gather everything you can to produce a timeline of what you got and when you got it.

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 96 of 96
neilyj666
in reply to: AllenJessup

I took the initial option to upgrade, then "opted in" as required and got a confirmation email that I had been upgraded to ISDP 2014. A few ago I received an email saying I been upgraded to Civil 3D 2014 and got a new serial no.

I got straight on to my reseller who contacted Autodesk and it was all sorted out in a few days.

This opt in / opt out has been very ill judged and confusing in my opinion - lets hope Autodesk have learned a valuable lesson

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report