AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
idmadcadder
Message 1 of 2 (114 Views)

Migrating Pipe Network Settings from Release to Release

114 Views, 1 Replies
01-28-2013 03:00 PM

Here's the story.  I've pretty much been using the same pipe network settings since we started using C3D back in 2008. I just path to the same pipe network folder that I store in our network settings.  The reason for this is because we have customized some of the structures, and pipes in these settings.  I realize I'm probably missing out on the latest and greatest as we move forward with each realease.  We currently use 2011, and I'm hoping next year that we might upgrade to the new version.  I'd like to start thinking now about how I can migrate my pipe network settings...or maybe it's best to just start over.  I just don't know the process....or if there is a process.  How can we make tweaks to these settings on a network basis....but still be able to incorporate the newest version of the settings when a new release comes out?

Civil 3D 2015
Windows 8.1 x64
Core i7 3.40 GHz 8gb RAM
*Expert Elite*
mathewk
Message 2 of 2 (99 Views)

Re: Migrating Pipe Network Settings from Release to Release

01-28-2013 07:54 PM in reply to: idmadcadder

It's right there in the help file.

http://docs.autodesk.com/CIV3D/2013/ENU/index.html?url=filesCIO/GUID-A7B66B66-37C0-4B96-A70F-4C121B7...

Matt Kolberg
Cansel - Autodesk Division
http://www.cansel.ca/
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.