AutoCAD Civil 3D General

Distinguished Contributor
idmadcadder
Message 1 of 2 (101 Views)

Migrating Pipe Network Settings from Release to Release

101 Views, 1 Replies
01-28-2013 03:00 PM

Here's the story.  I've pretty much been using the same pipe network settings since we started using C3D back in 2008. I just path to the same pipe network folder that I store in our network settings.  The reason for this is because we have customized some of the structures, and pipes in these settings.  I realize I'm probably missing out on the latest and greatest as we move forward with each realease.  We currently use 2011, and I'm hoping next year that we might upgrade to the new version.  I'd like to start thinking now about how I can migrate my pipe network settings...or maybe it's best to just start over.  I just don't know the process....or if there is a process.  How can we make tweaks to these settings on a network basis....but still be able to incorporate the newest version of the settings when a new release comes out?

Civil 3D 2011 Update 2
Windows 7 Professional SP1 x64
3.20 GHz 8gb RAM
*Expert Elite*
Message 2 of 2 (86 Views)

Re: Migrating Pipe Network Settings from Release to Release

01-28-2013 07:54 PM in reply to: idmadcadder

It's right there in the help file.

http://docs.autodesk.com/CIV3D/2013/ENU/index.html?url=filesCIO/GUID-A7B66B66-37C0-4B96-A70F-4C121B7...

Matt Kolberg
Cansel - Autodesk Division
http://www.cansel.ca/

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs