Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metes and Bounds Report angle and direction settings

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
tomw
3977 Views, 8 Replies

Metes and Bounds Report angle and direction settings

I'm customizing the MetesBounds.xsl file to mach company standards for verbiage, units, etc. I'm nearly there but stuck trying to fix the angle and bearing format. I want to use full direction (North) and full DMS (degrees, etc.), I also need to adjust the precision to 1 second. The MetesBounds.xsl seems to be pulling all of the other curve and line data from Parcel report settings, but there is no setting there for Angle or Direction.

There are settings in the Legal Description section, and those are set correctly (as are ambient drawing settings), but that seems to only affect General_Legal_Description_for_Parcels, it has no affect on Metes_and_Bounds. The settings have to be somewhere, I just can't seem to find them. 

For Bearings I'm getting "S 2-10-21.908 E"  What I want is South 2 degrees 10 minutes 22 second East

For Delta Angles I'm getting the right precision, but DMS instead of degrees, etc.

One other minor annoyance is that it formats LEFT or RIGHT in curves to all caps. Would like it to be lower case. 

I'm also going to attempt to pull acreage/sq. ft. data into this report, so if you know how to customize the report for that data I'd greatly appreciate any tips. 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
tomw
in reply to: tomw

Ok, I see I'm not getting any love here. Let me Simplify the question: Where does the Metes_and_Bounds report read it's settings from? Particularly the direction and angle settings.

Message 3 of 9
rl_jackson

Legal.png

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 9
tomw
in reply to: rl_jackson

I have that set like I want it, but it still won't create the report like that. It's like it's ignoring those settings.
Message 5 of 9
BrianHailey

Drawing Settings -> Ambient Settings tab.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 6 of 9
tomw
in reply to: BrianHailey

As far as I can tell, the drawing ambient settings have no affect on reports. 

Message 7 of 9
tomw

The best solution I've found so far is to manually edit General_Formating_JScript.xsl. This doesn't address the all caps issue, but it's the only way I've found to report full bearings, and to control angle precision for the metes_and_bounds report. Thanks to all who offered their input. It's much appreciated. 

Message 8 of 9
Jeff_M

The All Caps for LEFT & RIGHT is set in the GetCurveDirection function in H_Curve_Calculations.xsl
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 9 of 9
BrianHailey

@Anonymous wrote:

As far as I can tell, the drawing ambient settings have no affect on reports. 

They do, but not on that particular report. I misread the original request.

The Parcel Map Check Report does use the drawings settings.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report