Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Menus

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
DaveMartin4189
247 Views, 3 Replies

Menus

Just installed 2014 Civil 3D. In  2013, I had created screen menu layout for Lite Users, where I placed the old Standard  and ExpressTools Menus along the top of the CAD window, just below the Ribbon. To do this I would Rt. Click in the Grey area (just below the Ribbon and above the CAD window), and then be able to choose menus from the AutoCAD, CIVIL, or EXPRESS menu groups.

In 2014, when I Rt.Clk. in the same area, I'm not given a way to select menus to add - as in 2013. 

Is there another way to manually load the Standard AutoCAD and Express menus to the screen, in adition to the Ribbon, etc?

Thanks for any help,..

Dave

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Right click at the top and choose "SHow Menu Bar"

Go to Control Panel add remove programs and modify your autocad install.

Choose Add or remove features in the AutoCAD installer and install Express tools.Choose Update.

Open AutoCAD and enter the command MENULOAD

1. Select “acetmain.cuix” from the list Note: “acetmain” = “AutoCAD Express Tools Main
  2. Click Open
  3. Click “Load” and then verify that the Express Tools menu loaded by checking the list of loaded menus

4. Click “Close”
Eric Collins, P.Tech.(Eng.)

Win 10
Intel i7 9700 @ 3 GHz
16 GB RAM
Civil 3D 2019
Message 3 of 4
tcorey
in reply to: DaveMartin4189

From the Command prompt, type Menubar and set it to 1. This turns on the pulldown menus.

Use CUI to customize a workspace, allowing you to turn on/off pulldown menus for a particular workspace.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 4
troma
in reply to: DaveMartin4189

Although you say 'menus' in your question, I think you actually want toolbars. To get toolbars, go to the ribbon > View > User Interface > Toolbars.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report