Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Menu & Toolbar Customization

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
HewittCAD
303 Views, 3 Replies

Menu & Toolbar Customization

I am having a difficult time customizing my menus and toolbars in Civil 3D 2012.  I also do not completely understand the CUI file(s) and interface.  Does anyone have a good online reference or book they would recommend to guide me through this?  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rkmcswain
in reply to: HewittCAD

So yes, the CUI can be complex, but if you were only trying to modify a macro for example, that could be explained here.

On the other hand, if you are trying to create a new Ribbon tab, with new panels, containing new commands.... then yea, you'll need more than a forum post.

And then there are all sorts of things in between. Can you give us an idea of what you are trying to do specifically?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 4
HewittCAD
in reply to: rkmcswain

Sure.  I have a history working with Autodesk products going back to softdesk and release 8.  Somewhere after release 14, I was able to customize my menus and toolbars to reflect the commands which I commonly used.  I realize that implementation of the ribbons format has removed some of these needs; however, I would still like to continue this functionality.

For instance, I prefer to see standard Autocad menus in combination with those provided in Civil3D without having to change workspaces.  Any change to the workspace seems to erase the small amount of customization I have completed in 2012.  How can  I alter the menu to reflect the Civil 3D, Autocad, and Map functions important to me?

Thanks so much.

Message 4 of 4
tcorey
in reply to: HewittCAD

This should help:

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2011/ENU/filesACG/WSfacf1429558a55de1a7524c1004e616f8b-3afa.htm#WSc30cd...

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report