Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Menu Bar

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
johng0927
10291 Views, 5 Replies

Menu Bar

I have just installed C3D 2012 and when I show the menu bar, the only choice is Express which used to be the last tool in previous versions.  What happened to File - Edit - View - Insert - Format, etc in the menu bar?  I need to access them.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
MarySeufert
in reply to: johng0927

Try switching the workspace. OOTB Planning and Analysis Workspace shows the express menu and nothing else on my brand new install. The other three workspaces have the rest of the menus you want.

~ Mary

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 3 of 6
johng0927
in reply to: MarySeufert

I know they're in the other workspaces, but I need them in Civil 3D workspace.  I don't understand why Autodesk would change this.

Message 4 of 6
MarySeufert

Well, they haven't gotten rid of the menus, so they just need to be loaded in your cui. This is what it should look like while editing the current workspace... If you don't have the same menu selections, I would restore the OOTB C3D.CUIX

C3D CUI.png

C3D CUI Restore.pngHope that helps ~ Mary

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 5 of 6
Screaminz2002
in reply to: MarySeufert

CUI

Under workspaces go to the current workspace and highlight it. On the right under properties there is a section called display. One is menu bar and has a toggle on/off.

I know this older but it comes up and Google search and I had the same problem.

Message 6 of 6
jnorwood

Select the workspace in CUI

Right click and select customize

Open menus and make sure all the items are checked

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report