AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

gregg
Message 11 of 14 (299 Views)

Re: Memory leak

03-15-2013 05:19 AM in reply to: Shinigami_black

Do all your colleagues use the same 64bit win 7 O.S.? (There are differences) Try trimming down the layers, template features, and anything dialogue that requires graphics display to the bare minimum....We us c3d for surveying....Different clients have different needs....For example: There is a remarkable performance difference between a template that requires 700 layers as opposed to one that has 120 not to mention the adjacent requirements of point styles, survey figures, etc....Just a few thoughts... 

Valued Contributor
Shinigami_black
Message 12 of 14 (291 Views)

03-15-2013 08:29 AM in reply to: gregg
No, I am the first to use 64BIT OS and AutoCAD Civil 3D. we do not use many layers, here are only about 20. Few blocks and same global configurations for text, surface styles. Right now I am of work and to work will return at Monday. So at Monday will attach a template file.
Valued Contributor
Shinigami_black
Message 13 of 14 (274 Views)

03-19-2013 03:18 AM in reply to: Shinigami_black
I found the problem. I have added a coordinate system to my drawing template. But AutoCAD have corrupted his coordinate catalog. Like this http://beingcivil.typepad.com/my_weblog/2012/01/missing-coordinate-systems-in-units-and-zone-tab.htm... I have copy-past good Geospatial Coordinate Systems catalog to C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ and problem is solved. But I don't get why missing coordinate data was taking all the RAM.
gregg
Message 14 of 14 (268 Views)

03-19-2013 04:44 AM in reply to: Shinigami_black

Nice to know...Thanks for the info...(C3D is a memory hog in my opinion even on a good day...) (Has more mysterious un-answerable quirks than a one eyed bird dog....)

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs