Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Median Nose Modeling

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jherlyck
1422 Views, 1 Reply

Median Nose Modeling

Are there any tips on how to correctly model the end of a median (the nose)? I use the centerline of the road as the corridor baseline and I use lip of pan alignments to control my median width. Unfortunately since the corridor draws the curb and gutter perpendicular to the baseline used, my gutter is modeled wrong. See attached picture. There was an older post that hinted a fix but didn't really go into details. http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?threadID=632288 Thanks for the help!
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jherlyck
in reply to: jherlyck

Looks like I have found a solution to my problem (or at least am getting closer) and just wanted to share with everyone. Assembly offsets allow subassemblies to be attached to target alignments and will model perpendicular to the alignment. When creating the assembly offset, the location with regards to the assembly does seem to matter. See the attached picture for clarification. I hope this helps someone.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report