Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Median Madness

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Nik-D
309 Views, 4 Replies

Median Madness

Hi

I am trying to model a divided road with median breakes and left hand turning lanes. When the median reduces to accomodate the LH lane, the median crosses the centreline completely

I created a base corridor using LaneFromTaperedMedian

From this I created a surface from which to sample my final corridor.

My problem is at the end and start of the bull noses to the medians. At this point the elevations of the two pavements do not match and so I get a kink in my road surface. Is there a way to adjust the cross slope of the LaneFromTaperedMedian to compensate for this or is there a better way of doing this?

Nik

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Lisa_Pohlmeyer
in reply to: Nik-D

I think this class at AU 2010, CV330-3P addresses what you're looking for. I checked the website and the AU 2010 files aren't available anymore. My pdf is corrupt, but I've attached the power point. Perhaps someone else has the pdf that can help you. My understanding is that this feature is broken in 2014 however. We're using 2012. You might search the board for "median", there's lots of posts.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 5
Nik-D
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Hi Lisa,

I will check this out later and let you know how I got on. Thanks very much
Message 4 of 5
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Also, this might help. It's an oldie but a goodie. http://crossing-the-line-with-c3d.blogspot.com/2007/12/how-to-get-that-median-subassembly.html

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 5 of 5
Nik-D

Hi Lisa

Thanks for the info, unfortunately the PP did not have much in it to help me and the weblog you sent was not really what I was looking for.

I have found a workaround which is a bit more involved than what I wanted but gives ok results. I just hope that the broken LaneFromTaperMedian1 gets fixed sometime.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report