Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Math Functions in C3D Labels

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
WBIELSKI
526 Views, 11 Replies

Math Functions in C3D Labels

Does anyone know if Math functions are allowed in C3D labels?

Thanks
Wayne
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: WBIELSKI

They are not. Sorry. -- James Wedding, P.E. Technology Manager & Associate Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005SP1 & C3D2005SP1
Message 3 of 12
WBIELSKI

Does that include version 2006 do you know??
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

Yes, it does. Math is on the wish list. -- James Wedding, P.E. Technology Manager & Associate Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005SP1 & C3D2005SP1
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

Can you describe what exactly is the requirement? Rad "WBIELSKI" wrote in message news:24749331.1111428159485.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Does that include version 2006 do you know??
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

The ability to do some mathematical operations on a value generated from a C3D property. Example: We do plant counts based on areas. I'd like to be able to label "XX plants at 6" O.C." where XX is a percentage of the total area. -- James Wedding, P.E. Technology Manager & Associate Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005SP1 & C3D2005SP1
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

or the ability to label the Top of Curb & Pavement elevation from one point...
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

I am glad there are more people that require this functionality. I am sure we can find the thread where I asked (a while ago) for formulas in parcel segment boundaries (or was it in LDT when line/arc labels got confused with angle data type in formulas). I have to add that math functions would be a good start but still not enough to really meet the local government requirements for parcel boundary labels. What would really complete the feature are the if-then-else or case statements and boolean operators such as: =,<,>,<=,=>,==,!= etc. It's only then that I can make those parcel segment labels to round bearings to 1' if the line is shorter than 30m and to nearest 20" when it's longer than 30m. At this stage, I am developing a post processing VBA to run on a selection of parcel objects... Good fun, but I know it will be a waste of time sooner or later. Keep smiling! Rad "James Wedding" wrote in message news:42417767_2@newsprd01... > The ability to do some mathematical operations on a value generated from a > C3D property. Example: > We do plant counts based on areas. I'd like to be able to label "XX plants > at 6" O.C." where XX is a percentage of the total area. > > -- > James Wedding, P.E. > Technology Manager & > Associate > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > Dallas, TX > XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G > LDT2005SP1 & C3D2005SP1 >
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

Can you use the AutoCAD fields within a LDDT label?

Hmmm, Can you use the object properties of fields to Label AEC objects..? It's my understanding that fields will now have math functions available in 2006.

Matthew Anderson
Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

Some, yes. But not all. -- James Wedding, P.E. Technology Manager & Associate Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005SP1 & C3D2005SP1
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

I guess I have to wait for find out?
Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

I know you can get Parcel Areas, but that's about the only one I've tried, so.... -- James Wedding, P.E. Technology Manager & Associate Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005SP1 & C3D2005SP1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report