Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Section Style - Hatch solid not changing

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
Civil_dmccarthy
4275 Views, 14 Replies

Material Section Style - Hatch solid not changing

I have section views created from corridor model that also have had materials computed. The cut and fill areas are hatched solid and I want them set as another hatch style but after attempting to adjust the pattern it does not change. How does one change this and have it show? Civil 3d 2013 is currently being used but may have to back track to 2009.

hatch-1.png

Dell Precision T5810
Windows 7 x 64
Intel Xeon @ 3.50 GHz
16 GB RAM
64-bit OS
AMD FirePro W5100
Civil 3D 2015, 2016
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Edit the shape style that the material is using. When you do this, make sure you change the view direction on the Display tab of the style to Section.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 15

Yep, changed the styles but it fails to change. Not sure what is going on.

hatch-2.png

Dell Precision T5810
Windows 7 x 64
Intel Xeon @ 3.50 GHz
16 GB RAM
64-bit OS
AMD FirePro W5100
Civil 3D 2015, 2016
Message 4 of 15
Jeff_M
in reply to: Civil_dmccarthy

Try setting the scale larger. I used the EARTH hatch and used a 20 scale factor.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 15
Civil_dmccarthy
in reply to: Jeff_M

Changed scale to a higher scale factor as well as changing the hatch type. Still shows solid hatch Smiley Mad

However changing the layer to by layer and changing the defined layer it comes out. Not what I want to do but a workaround I suppose.

hatch-3.png

Dell Precision T5810
Windows 7 x 64
Intel Xeon @ 3.50 GHz
16 GB RAM
64-bit OS
AMD FirePro W5100
Civil 3D 2015, 2016
Message 6 of 15
jmayo-EE

I had a student run into this last night on 2013. I thought I was going nuts. Changed the scale from .0001 to .01 to 1 to 10 to 100 and to 1000. THis dad no effect on the material hatch.

Thanks dmcc. I'll pass this along to the student and see if I can confirm the fix.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 7 of 15

Try changing or reselect the style in the View Group Properties / Sections tab

This image shows how to change the line style, but try the same for the hatch style.

Sem título.jpg

I had issues like that trying to change the style in the Compute Materials window and it wouldn't change. The only way I could change the hatch style was in the View Group Properties window...

Message 8 of 15

If I remember correctly, a cut or fill shape style at one point was using ANSI131 instead of ANSI31.

It's really stupid to have to do this but, change your hatch pattern from ANSI131 (ansi one thirty one) to ANSI31 (ansi thirty one).

In your image, it shows the hatch pattern you are using is the 131 and not the 31 pattern.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 9 of 15
joeboise

Message 10 of 15
btaryana
in reply to: joeboise

When you're editing your shape style, make sure you pick "Section" on View Direction...It worked for me

Message 11 of 15

Re: Material Section Style - Hatch solid not changing how to do it

Message 12 of 15
fgondomi

it's necessary to change mode Section as the image below!

Message 13 of 15
michaelmbgr09
in reply to: BrianHailey

I went into shape style, changed the view direction to section and then reduced the scale 0.1 and it worked. Took several tries to work though, I don't know why. Compliments to this thread, it helped a bunch
Message 14 of 15
hieulang
in reply to: fgondomi

worth it!!!

Message 15 of 15
maimartinez
in reply to: BrianHailey

Thanks, I had the same problem and this reply was very helpful!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report